See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately, as we were in Auckland for the week for work, we had to stay here.

The toilet had been hit with the “reverse mudslide”. It was fresh and perpetrated minutes before we checked in.

The beds are little more than straw-filled nests complete with bed bugs and the odd native insect.

From the looks of things, they had “reverse-vacuumed” and sprayed dust, crumbs and pubic lice from floor to ceiling.

I was close to calling the Police, as I was pretty sure the smell had violated me.

STAY AWAY!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2017

Stayed at this dump for the Lions test. They charged $200 a night. I got bedbugs and have big itchy bites up my legs. They refuse to refund us. Shopping trolleys outside, ciggie buts and the place is generally filthy. The room, unit 9 smelt terrible too. I have photos of my bug bites if you need to see. I am putting a complaint in with the health department.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hollyful
Reviewed June 23, 2017

Nearly four weeks into the Lions tour and the nadir had been reached, the bar will never be set so low again.
Awful room and utter cheapskates with the wifi despite the arm and a leg price it costs to stay. Luxury prices, brutal value.
Do yourself a favour, avoid this place at all costs.
No point complaining to the staff either. They really don't give a fig.
Great South Road? You're having a laugh with the use of "Great". Try miserable.

Room Tip: Just don't come here!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2017

This place is crap! This place is a dump! The beds,I am sure, are the beds people leave out on the sidewalks for bulk cleanup week. They are terrible. The room stank of something between cigarettes and sweaty socks. The bathroom/shower was filth,with the timber doors, swelling from being wet and damp. There is some shonky electrical work to wire up the wall mounted TV. The walls are thin, and you can hear every footstep and noise from the upstairs room. We were woken at 2.30 am by the upstairs occupant when they need to use the bathroom,get a drink and get back into bed. We thought the roof was going to collapse in on us. This place should be struck off the register.AVOID!!! You even have to go to the motel next door to check in !

Room Tip: Nothing good about this city dump. Infact,you would do better to go to the city dump and crawl into a 44 gallon drum.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2017

At $119 night wasnt expecting much. Now I know its way overpriced. Dirty outside with old supermarket trollies, cigarette butts etc. Bathroom terrible. Wood all swollen up with water damage, drawer stuck shut. Shower filled up with water.

Just microwave and no sink. Suspect bedding!!

Two nights here. Got back at 3.40 from work to find motel not serviced, bed not made, rubbish not taken, soaked towels still on floor. Oh boy. No apology from service lady. Obviously used to complaints. Told me there was nothing wrong with the shower

We spend 80 nights in motels around NZ annually. We rarely spend over $130 a night and normally are very satisfied. We just need clean and good service We wont be back as this was one of if not the worst stayed in. $60 a night more in keeping with what you get Dont say you havent been warned

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business