“The place to be... :-)”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Sabang
Wien, Österreich
“The place to be... :-)”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was there already many times. The Owners are very friendly. The resort is perfect for relaxing and romance. The staff is serious about service. I was celebrating my birthday there and everything was organized by the owner himself with barbecue on the beach. It was the best i have ever had. Once more Thank you for taht one!!!
The room was very clean, with plenty of space. I was able to see most of the grounds from my balcony. It seemed that there was non-stop straightening, cleaning and manicuring in the garden.The beach and water were beautiful. I spent most of my days relaxing around. For me it simply locked like hawaii...
There can never be enough said about the staff! Everyone, and I do mean everyone, greets you with a smile as you pass. From the moment you step onto the grounds until you are on your way back to the airport, you will feel like a valued guest, and in some instances, friend.

Thanks alot Casa Nemo Team.
Hope to see you again.
Markus

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Coarky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Indonesian first
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed one week in March 2012, and while the weather wasn't great, this place was perfect. I can't remember what I paid, but it was totally worth it.

The room had a large bed, mosquito net, mini-fridge, free drinking water (hot and cold), a fan, and a shower room with hot water. The views from the balcony (with hammocks) were absolutely out of this world.

The restaurant / reception area seemed little in a state of transition in March, as a lovely Javanese guy had just taken on the lease from Gianluca. Ferdy had a few locals helping him out, as well as Brendan (South African) and Brendan's wife. All 3 made me feel incredibly welcome, and we stayed up late most evenings listening to music, telling tales and drinking beers.

Although they had no proper menu back in March, they asked if you wanted to eat in the evenings, and would cook you up something special. Their fresh barbecued fish, and lamb curries, were the highlights for me, but even Brendan's wife's impromptu pizza was quality!

A friend of mine back in the UK emailed them while I was there, to ask if they could get a birthday cake in for me (unbeknown to me), and so at the end of dinner, they killed the lights and brought out the cake - a total surprise! The cake was made by Ferdy's sister, and was lovely, really moist and tasty.

All in all I loved Casa Nemo. Great rooms and location, but what really made the place was the owner and staff - who have such soul.

Thanks again to Ferdy, Brendan and Mrs Brendan (who's name I can't remember).

Cheers - Matt

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank mjsw13
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Casa Nemo is the best place to rest your days in peace. Enjoy the heavenly natural environment and Nirvana ambiance that provided by the best and friendly staffs.Casa Nemo is a place you can feel that heaven is your own home. The best experience!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Phredz
Malang , East Java
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was traveling with friends from Java and would like to discover a lit bit of Sumatra reading from lonlelyplanet guide book about Pulau Weh.
My friend and I walk by the beach (trust me its stunning beach long and white) and we found CASANEMO own by Suisse Italian guy and his wife from Pulau Weh but they were not around when I was there Is and Ollie helping us to check the room. GOD its so nice large room with safety box and fridge and drinking water and mosquito spray, towels, fancy mosquito net and nice painting on the wall, I love the bathroom its so luxury with bathtub and hot shower window in the shower overlooking the sea view and the balcony with hammock and 2 chairs and table. and you can borrow the mats from the restaurant to go to the beach if u forgot ur sarong dont worry the staff will help u out they are super friendly especially Mama she makes me laugh so much she is so funny!!!
And Oli the manager event dont mind to took us around with the motor bike to visit the waterfall and 0KM of indonesia. When bungalows all fully booked sweet Mama let me sleep in her room. and u can book for a massage too (which is just ok one) for IDR 80.000
Fatimah the chef she is so good the food she makes and the service of the table really beautiful and really good food I love the BBQ and satay and tempe and Gado Gado.
With the Price I payed IDR 275.000 (30 USD) to stay per night at their luxurious bungalow I got more than that plus the view and the harmony of the staff, we like family and I know where to comeback next time in Pulau Weh. CASANEMO is the best hotel in pulau weh good value and good service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Farah1212
International
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I usually research where I will travel, but with Casa Nemo I took the suggestion of a dear friend and went on a whim, eager to escape the stress of work. Pulau Weh is on its way to being developed and in 20 years after its changed, I'll be happy to say I was there when it was still pure unadulterated beauty. Most memorable is the beach, falling asleep and waking up to the waves, watching the boats go by, running on it, snorkeling off it and drinking/eating beside it. The staff were incredible and it was to hard to say good bye. They will take care of you, ensuring you get to all the diving you dare, and always have a nice meal with good music. I have many memories from Casa Nemo that will always stay with. Thank you......

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Tom M
Osaka, Japan
Reviewed December 6, 2012

If you want to escape from the crowd, I believe Casanemo is the right place to go. You can totally have a break and relax with the super peaceful atmosphere and amazing view. Spectacular yes, the location is wonderful and the Beach is simply stunning, the friendly manager, Ollie, very helpful,there are no words to describe this resort. its the closest thing to heaven in my opinion. The sunset at Casanemo was breathtaking. i would recommend this resort to everyone. The privacy that was available here, i don't think any other resort/hotel in Sabang Island offers that level of privacy.For me, Casanemo is too good to be true! a must visit resort in Sabang island! I would love to comeback someday!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank FikrianWahyu
Paris, France
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've spent 3 nights and was looking for a relaxing place to chill. Casanemo was perfetc: few bungalows far enough from eachothers, waves sound to sleep at night and a little wind to refresh during the day. The beach is just awesome with nobody, white sand and the underwater's treasures are a must-see only with a mask and fin (provided by hotel).Ollie sama was a very good host and gave a lot of tips about the island. He's also the "in house" DJ playing very jazzy music in backgrounds. The saturday night buffet with fresh barbecued fish was excellent. Will go back in March.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank jessy t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sabang
Oasis Atjeh Hotel
#2 of 6 in Pulau Weh
The Pade Resort
The Pade Resort
#2 of 3 in Iboih

Been to Casa Nemo Beach Resort and SPA? Share your experiences!