“Truly unique & wonderful”
Review of A Stone Wall Inn

A Stone Wall Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Windham B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here for the first time recently and it was a great experience from the beginning. Sean the innkeeper gave us the grand tour and made a delicious breakfast the next day. As someone who also heats their house with wood I felt right at home.

Close to several ski destinations which is nice. And they are not kidding when they say that it's removed from the modern world....dont expect much for cell phone service although they do have free wifi throughout if you really need it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Craig_in_MA
There are newer reviews for A Stone Wall Inn

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Bob, Steve, and Sean run an amazing, relaxing, unique, and beautiful place. This place was proudly built, and is run with the same love. The rooms are cozy without feeling small, the views are phenomenal, and the food was delicious. There really are no words to properly do our experience justice, but I can honestly say you feel cared for and part of the family when you stay here. Not to mention the great opportunities for hiking, skiing, shopping, and eating nearby! We will be back for sure... and this is a place that you must experience. 100% worth the money, and the drive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

When you drive up the dirt road to a Stone Wall Inn and first see the modern building that welcomes you, what you find inside is really amazing! It felt like we were staying in the most warm and cozy modern tree house, and it was really fantastic. We stayed in the Outlook room, which had huge windows and it's own private balcony that really brings the tranquil outdoors in. Sean was extremely friendly and helpful, and the daily breakfasts he made were delicious. I can't wait to stay at this Inn again!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed there for one night and it was excellent! Very friendly owners, nice atmosphere, everything is very clean. There even was a sauna to use. High quality breakfast!

This B&B is one of the best I have ever been at! Highly recommended for everybody!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We wanted to try something a bit different when traveling for a family member's wedding, and we sure found it here. The grounds are spectacular. The surroundings are peaceful. The home is unique and beautiful. The host is friendly and welcoming. The food is yummy and comforting. The price is very reasonable. It's not like any B&B I've ever stayed at before - the Stone Wall Inn is very special and different. A "hidden jewel". My husband and I loved everything about our stay, and look forward to returning for our 5 year anniversary.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I will open by admitting that I'm the proud daughter of the architect, but, even without such a bias, I would be absolutely in love with this place. When I visit my Dad, I don't stay at his house, but stay, instead in one of the two inn buildings, and love them both. The serenity of the surroundings is a cathartic retreat from my home in L.A., and he architecture and gardens avidly inspire. (My Nikon is always around my neck here, and I'm filled with new ideas every second that I stay in this magical realm.)

I double dare anyone to stay here and not fall in love with A Stone Wall Inn...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I, our son and his fiance', our 2 dogs, and my son's 3 cats all had a wonderful time at a Stone Wall Inn. The gardens, even at this time of the year when most of the blooms are gone, were still very interesting to view because of the colors and textures of the foliage. Bob is an excellent host and spent much time just talking to us and explaining some of the unique architectural features of the long house. The breakfasts that Sean prepared were wholesome and filling. Overall, this architectural gem is a worthwhile destination itself with the added bonus of being within easy driving distance of several parks, lakes, historical towns, artists venues and shopping destinations like the original Vermont Country Store.

Room Tip: As an eco-friendly B&B, the bedrooms are a bit small, but the common areas and outdoor spaces ar...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windham
Grafton Inn
#1 of 4 in Londonderry
Swiss Inn
Swiss Inn
#2 of 3 in Londonderry

Been to A Stone Wall Inn? Share your experiences!