“Wow...just, wow” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wow...just, wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Honestly, one of the best places I've ever stayed. If you're looking for a great getaway from city life, or life in general, this inn is it. It's remote location is something to cherish and take advantage of, and the layout of the grounds and inn add to the privacy of going on an actual vacation. The gardens are beautifully kept, with sitting areas all around to simply enjoy nature.

I was greeted by Sean when I first arrived, and what a fantastic man. He's very personable and easy to get along with, and (as others have mentioned) makes some delicious food! He's very courteous and doesn't intrude at all; very respectful of you being on vacation.

And if that wasn't enough, the architecture of the inn astounded me. It's very unique/original, and not in a "trying too hard to impress" kind of way. Modern is a word that pops into my head. The use of green products also makes it a more favorable environment (Seventh Generation, etc). Plus, there is a dipping pool and hot tubs to relax in :)

All I can say is, I felt completely comfortable and secure with staying at A Stone Wall Inn, and haven't had an experience this good before or since my stay. Can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: I had a look at several rooms while exploring, and they all are very nice, very well kept, and uniqu...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Media, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in July as part of our 10th year anniversary trip. It was fantastic! I wish we had stayed there longer and planned more time to relax in the gardens and on the hammock and the decks. I'd also love to stay in the winter to experience some real snow and ski or snowshoe nearby, and just to look out the windows at the beautiful views!

We stayed in the Stargazer room in the main house. The room was small, but had an awesome bathroom and loft bed, plus a deck large enough for both of us. I loved that it was close to the shared kitchen because we could use the fridge for the local cheese (and other small drinks/food) we had brought. We watched a movie in the lounge one night, no cable, but lots of selections to choose from online and the circle couch was really comfy!

The entire house, room, hottub, hallways, bathrooms, etc were immaculately clean! At one point I even looked for cobwebs in the corners and couldn't find any! The architecture and furnishings of the place are a mix of hard edges with cozy nooks for comfort. I had searched for hours for a B&B in VT that was not a typical Victorian-flowery place, and The Stone Wall Inn met all those expectations!

And the green aspect was great too - a recycling bin and small compost bucket in the kitchen (non-smelly, of course), 7th generation producs everywhere, fresh local milk and half-n-half for our coffee, locally picked berries for breakfast....

Our host, Sean, was great too! He met us and gave us a mini-tour, he was available for questions about places to visit nearby, but I never felt like he was intrusive or in the way like I had worried about with staying at a B&B (this was our first B&B experience). He also bakes some great muffins (the best blueberry muffin I ever had!) and other yummy thing for breakfast I don't remember the name of (with fresh berries too). And, he created an unexpected special treat for us on our anniversary day - and I had only briefly mentioned once that that's why we were on the trip!

On our way out we toured the large beautiful gardens and met the owners and felt like we were visiting long-time friends. They invited us to walk over to their attached lot and more extensive gardens. The whole experience was soothing and relaxing and exactly what we needed! I'd definately recommend this place to a friend (and already have!) and I hope we get back there again soon!

Room Tip: Each room is unique. Check out the pictures posted online and talk to Sean about the qualities of...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

My boyfriend & I had purchased a save deal online for two nights. I wish that we could have stayed longer. We were greeted by Sean the Inn manager who was so nice & helpful throughout our stay. He even got up every morning & cooked breakfast. From homemade coffee cake to quiche, which i had never tried before... it was delicious.
The Inn is very nice with clean rooms & great views of the beautiful gardens, ponds & mountain tops. We enjoyed time on our private balcony, relaxing in the lounge and enjoying the pool & jacuzzi. We had such a great weekend away and to top it off we got engaged on our last day!
What a great end to a wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: We had stayed in the Pondview room wich was a corner suite. it had a private balcony that overlooked...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

The inn was so beautiful!!! The gardens were maintained beautifully, Very different varieties of flowers every where you looked!! The Corner House we stayed in was so comfortable. The room as well asthe house was so amazing with different uses os wood, metal An arcitects dream house ! tHE HOSTS WERE SO NICE THAT i FELT i WAS INVITED TO A HOME OF A FRIEND !! I am planning to have a relaxing family reunion there, no i pod i pad video games Just our family in a beautiful atmosphere !! Thank you Kathy Blundon

Room Tip: Each room has its own bathroom, shared kitchen Agreat place to relax
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

My Girlfriend and I booked this trip for a quick getaway. I must say I was thoroughly impressed. The manager was extremely friendly and quickly made us feel welcome. The house is amazing and so much fun. I cannot say enough about this place. I normally do not like staying at bed and breakfast places- but this trip honestly changed my opinion on them. I hope to return this summer!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Couldn't get better than this. We decided last minute to visit the cheese farms of Vermont & booked this place by looks alone, we did not read reviews or look up any information. WOW, we had an Amazing surprise. This place is so unique & special, the architecture and property are wonderful. Hidden just 20 mins away from Manchester, this B&B gives you so much for a perfect price. Close to so many things to do like:(skiing, outlet shopping, cheese farms, etc.)

Our Caretaker Sean was the warmest, kind, informative & attentive Host I have ever had at a B&B. He welcomed us at the door the moment we stepped out of the car, with a quick check in and brief history of the Inn, Owners, & Location. He brought us to our rooms that was located in a 4 bedroom Private Townhouse named " Corner House ", with a large greatroom, fireplace, kitchen, decks, views, sauna & more. The only guests that night and had the place to ourselves, which made for a fun time. After Sean showed us the entire place and explained how "Green" the place is and how things work he gave us a "Welcome" Apple Bundt Cake which was so delicious, he also gave us the recipe when we checked out. This place is fully stocked with everything you need or could want, but no TV's, only in the main house greatroom. Breakfast was perfect with homemade pumpkin muffins, yogurts, juices, fruits, coffee, & tea.

Gay owned & operated this was a True Experience & can't wait to return for our next adventure. This time we will rent out the whole house with a bunch of friends :)

Thank You for the Wonderful Experience,

Felipe, Tanya, Nevenka, & Jeffrey

Room Tip: Seems Like Every Room Is A Great Room, It's Up To You.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank NycPhoto5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windham
Grafton Inn
Inn Victoria
Inn Victoria
#1 of 9 in Chester
Castle Hill Resort And Spa

Been to A Stone Wall Inn? Share your experiences!