“Nice stay!”
Review of Faros Resort

Faros Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Azolimnos
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spend 10 days at Faros Hotel during our summer vacations in August. The hotel is like a small village, with a nice pool with sea view. The lobby decoration is great. The stuff was very friendly and always helpful. They gave us from the beginning a better room than that we have booked via internet (with the same price of course). The room was very clean, with a balcony. The only diasadvantage was the inadequate wi-fi in the rooms. We had to go to the lobby to have internet connection, which was limited if more people were trying to connect at the same time. Unfortunately the noise from the rooms next to us was big, sometimes very annoying.The breakfast was adequate, I would suggest to update the quality of their fruit juices and milk. In general, the hotel location is good, their facilities are good, but I think it is time to do a renovation in the bathroom and matress change.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Faros Resort

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I just returned from a two week stay at Faros Village and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Maybe the rooms are a little outdated, but the staff was beyond friendly and helpful, they were fabulous!

It is not an American style 5 or even 4 star hotel, and the internet site is a 'tad bit' misleading, but not about the sunrise, the views, the location, and the friendliness of everyone who assists you. There was a wedding reception while we were there, which was fun to watch, everyone was so accommodating, loved Azolimnos and the walk to and from, and the 6 to 7 euros for a taxi ride into town, I did not find exorbitant ...

Would I return? If I have another opportunity to go to Syros, most definitely!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks while participating in a festival. The staff was friendly and helpful, they even let us switch rooms at the beginning of our trip and gave us a room with a beautiful view. Wifi is limited but I was always able to check my email. The pool is beautiful. There is a private beach which is more for the view and tanning, as it is a bit rocky but it is still beautiful. I would not have traded my experience at all.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed a week here and enjoyed it a lot but this is no 'resort' hotel. It has a wonderful layout with the rooms arranged in clusters, Cycladic-style, and a more than adequate 20-metre pool but has no own beach. To swim in the sea you walk ten minutes to the Azolimnos beach where there are 5 tavernas and a minimart and a couple of cafes. Nice but, again, limited. Otherwise you must go into Ermoupolis, a 7-Euro taxi ride away.
The hotel is very clean, friendly but simple. The breakfast is simple also, no fresh juice here. Eggs anyway you like so long as you like boiled.
Wifi only in the lobby and then inadequate if there are another 4 or 5 people logged on. Management says they cannot get a better connection.
I paid 69 euros per day in July 2013 and found that only just OK. I certainly would not pay more.
Take their website with a pinch of salt.
Eat well in Azolimnos at the Filomila Taverna/restaurant.

Room Tip: Check first for double or twin beds.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank edandmarianne
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I visited the hotel with a large group of colleagues for leisure purposes. The hotel was chosen based on the information and photos provided by the website, which were quite misleading. Although the rooms are supposed to be renovated, there are quite many faults in the bathroom and the room also. On the other hand, the location is very nice, the pool and the other common places are quite ice and the staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Eleni G
Reviewed October 11, 2012

A group of friends went down to Siros for the weekend and even though it was in the off-season and very few people were staying at the hotel the staff was still available and helpful! They laid out a great breakfast in the mornings, helped us rent cars (delivered to the hotel), and took us to some local tavernas. The rooms were clean and spacious. The area was quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gatininha
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel is not exactly close to the port, but it is worth the ride. The staff is wonderful, offering to drive us down to the restaurants and bars, which would have been a difficult walk in the dark, and then picked us up. The rooms are nice, but I agree with another reviewer about the lack of electrical outlets and internet, but the views are amazing. It is just a lovely getaway.

Will happily go back next spring and recommend it to all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Azolimnos
Hotel Benois
Blue Harmony Hotel
Blue Harmony Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kini
Boutique Hotel & Suites Di Mare

Been to Faros Resort? Share your experiences!