All reviews value for money adriana basket bedroom tavernas view balcony island
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2017

What can i say about this place. Wonderful accommodation, in a wonderful village on the island. The rooms were clean with a wonderful view, the hostess was exceptional and it made or stay all the better.

We'll definitely be back next year as the accommodation as well as the village were amazing.

Room tip: lovely view, beautiful village
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2017

I really wanted to give a good review but there were several issues which I believe can be easily corrected. I'll start with the positives:
The owner was very nice and friendly. A basket full of local goodies awaited us when we arrived. The owner also brought us homemade tart and cake during our stay.
The rooms were very bright and clean.
It is very centrally located.
Parking is easy.
Nice size balcony
What needs correcting:
*There is no air conditioner in the bedroom, only a ceiling fan. There is an air conditioner in the main room, but our bedroom was warm which was an issue at night. In addition the air conditioner had not been maintained so it did not work well, we ended up cleaning the filters on our own and it worked better. We were given a floor fan to help circulate the cold air in our room.
*Our door did not close, it just stayed open-you had to lock it in order for it close. They told us they would fix it, but they didn't. My husband kind of fixed it so at least it would stay closed, but it did not lock. Finally I was told they would fix it AFTER we left- so too bad for us.
*The shutters of the door to the balcony did not close/lock this also was broken.
*Small for 4 people, the room had 3 mismatched tables in the main area, no place to put clothes or toiletries in the bedroom.
*Small closet, only 1 little drawer for 4 people, we had to pile our clothes on the tables.
*No water pressure in the shower and old shower head.
*Cleaning was minimal, and having stayed in other places in the same village, cleaning was much more thorough in other rented rooms for a similar price.

Finally, what left a sour note is the fact that we stayed many days here and I had reserved the place in May, but yet we had a room in the back on the bottom floor facing the road, while other guests who were staying only a few nights stayed in the rooms that were in the front. We asked if we could be transferred to another room at some point, but we were told no.
We visit the island and Avlemonas every year, I am aware that the island is a bit more pricey, but I have stayed at other places with superior facilities with good house cleaning for the same price. For the price we paid this was not value for money.
Perhaps we were in a room that was not maintained and if that is the case, than we should not have been given the room. I would not visit again or recommend this place at this time.

Date of stay: July 2017
3  Thank travelingandbeyond
Reviewed July 20, 2017

We could not have picked a better place to stay on Kythira. Kanellis Studios is perfectly located with the sea at the doorstep. The rooms are spacious, spotless and have all the amenities you need for an extended stay. Andriana was so kind to us and gave us fantastic recommendations for restaurants, beaches etc. I cannot recommend this enough and can't wait to go back myself!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank MRTAussie
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

We were 3 friends. It was really nice. Thank you Andriani (the owner) for everything. The room was extremely big and extra clean. Labriani was passing every day to clean it. They were both available 24h/7d.I fully recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2016

The location is beyond words. The studios are within walking distance from the coast, restaurants etc. Adriana, the owner is eager to help you find the best beaches, buys, restaurants. Personnel are polite and helpful, yet discreet.

Room tip: One or two studios offer great view, you have to book well in advance
Date of stay: June 2016