Penida Tours - Private Day Tours
Review Highlights
Beautiful nature spoiled by litter

Reviewed July 19, 2018
Lewischoy
Canberra, Australia
Magnificent view and Breathtaking

Reviewed June 19, 2018
Mark Zeanreh G
General Santos, Philippines

All reviews planned tour crystal bay natural sights staying overnight manta rays his team the cliff jhony tony culture wayan island bali warung penida boat locations
Reviewed July 19, 2018

Nusa Penida has some wonderful natural sights - Broken Bay, Kelingking Beach (would have loved to take the hike down to the beach itself) and Crystal Bay (excellent snorkeling off the beach - beautiful coral and fish) all covered adequately by our brave young driver/guide Augusto. Unfortunately when taking photos one has to be careful to avoid capturing the ubiquitous rubbish. This tour is a bit pricey most likely to cover the vehicle being trashed on what passes for roads on the island.

4  Thank Lewischoy
Reviewed June 19, 2018

We went to Bali Indonesia last february and took the Nusa Penida Tours, It was far but absolutely breathtaking! The view was magnificent! i just wished they would allow people to swim in there! Tired walking though! But worth it! Bring water and food when you travel to this island!

1  Thank Mark Zeanreh G
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

My name is Christopher and I am writing this review on our experience with our driver Sarwa was amazing. He took us to various destinations throughout Ubud and Gianyar which helped our travel experience be a great one. He was punctual and knew how to navigate the area to get the most for your time and money. He also recommend good Balinese lunch and BBQ

8  Thank christophermX5916JQ
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

We went to Nusa Penida in May 2018.
The trip was very disappointed because of many reasons :
1- the guide (Wayan) wasn’t a good guide. We had a driver and this guide and he always slept in the car during the trip. He never gave information about the Island, the culture, etc. Just sleep in the car and smoke during the trip. if we didn’t ask he didn’t give information.
2- the price is too expensive. I advise you to compare with others companies which do the same trip with moderate rates.

33  Thank Marion B
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

This was an amazing tour and a definite highlight of our time in Bali - a MUST do! The entire day from start to finish was smooth and effortless from the pickup at our hotel to the transfer to the harbour and the speed boat to Nusa Penida and back.

All of this was possible because of our amazing guide Wayan - between all of the jokes, laughter, good music, and conversation, Wayan was very informative and really made the trip extremely memorable.

We were greeted by Wayan as we stepped off the boat. He provided water and tissues that came in really useful for our hike. Along the way, he took great photos and let us go at our own pace throughout the entire day.

We first hiked down Kelingking Cliff with Wayan to the beach at the bottom where we cooled off in the water. Some pretty breathtaking views.

Our next stop was Angel Billabong, a natural infinity pool overlooking the ocean with natural sink holes you could swim and jump into.

After, we continued our walk and had a little photo shoot atop Broken Beach overlooking the manta ray filled waters.

Our last stop was Crystal Bay beach where we snorkelled (tons of fish and colourful coral) and relaxed on the beach (beach towels provided) until it was ready to drive back to the harbour.

Overall this was an incredible day and I could not recommend this tour and Wayan any more - we are so glad we chose this tour after hearing about the others.

Thank you again Wayan!!!
- Brandon and Alex

15  Thank Brandon285
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

We had an incredible tour of Nusa Penida and it was all thanks to our wicked tour guide, Wayan. He was very welcoming, accommodating, informative and had us all in stitches of laughter at times.

Highly recommend the WEST tour. All the places we visited were beautiful. Also be prepared for a bumpy ride as lots of the roads are damaged with pot holes galore. I recommend taking a car rather then a scooter as it is extremely hilly.

Do yourself a favour and visit this beautiful island and be sure to book through Nusa Penida Tours, as they were fantastic.

4  Thank Natalie W
Penida_Tours, Pemilik at Penida Tours - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Hi Natalie,

Thank you so much for your review and recommend our tour service to others traveller. Yea its was amazing tour we did to explore west cost of Nusa Penida. Thank you for doing tour with us Natalie, and hopefully see you again next time.

Cheers,

Wayan!

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

I would recommend you to take this day trip with Nusa Penida Day Trip company as they are really good. Specially the guide is excellent as he helped us take so many pictures. He os excellent and helpful. Also the places we visited are eye catchy.

2  Thank Shah M
Reviewed September 27, 2017

I recently visited Nusa Penida with Tony as my guide. It was an amazing day and I have no complaints. The service was great, from pick up to drop off. I booked the full service package, and I was picked up at my hotel at 6:30 am. The driver was waiting in my hotel lobby. He dropped me off at the boat dock and waited until I was boarding the boat before he left. Tony greeted me on the other side and we hopped on his scooter and took off. We visited Angel Billabong, Broken Beach, Kelingking Beach, and Crystal Bay, all of which were STUNNING! You must visit Nusa Penida when in Bali. I would recommend staying overnight so you can see more of the island and spend more time at each spot. I would have loved to hike down to the beach at Kelingking, but we didn't have enough time. Tony was awesome, so friendly and fun to hang out with. He also took a bunch of super cool pictures of me (I was travelling alone!) so that was much appreciated. Plus, we had lunch at a warung where I ate some tasty mangos with hot sauce on them! I can't say a bad thing about this day, it was probably the highlight of my vacation. At the end of the day Tony waited for me to get on the boat, and my driver was waiting back on Bali to bring me home to my hotel. The service was impeccable, do not hesitate to book with Penida Tours.

17  Thank melissarose88
Reviewed September 14, 2017

I scheduled a tour with Wayan of Nusa Penida and it was not the experience I was hoping for. I arrived at Nusa Penida via speed boat and he was not there to pick me up. I am a solo traveler and did not have a working phone to contact him. I was harassed by the taxi drivers just waiting to hustle you and trying to charge you 5x the price they can. Finally I found a guy who works the harbor and asked him to find me a legit taxi driver to take me to Penida Tours' office. I did not feel safe in the taxi, as 5 men proceeded to follow me INTO MY TAXI. I had to ask them all to get out.

When I arrived at the office, the taxi driver proceeded to follow me in and hovered over the conversation. They did not even have me in the books and was told "Oh he is at the temple right now." I showed them my email confirmation and communication with their company. They still had no idea what I was talking about, so the front desk guy of the guesthouse took me on a tour on the back of a scooter. Mind you I signed up for a car and a tour guide. Not a mode of transportation that is not fit for the unpaved/terrible roads, such as a scooter. He would drive really fast and go over rocks, we even bottomed out a couple of times. I would ask my "tour guide" questions about nusa penida and he could not answer them. I ended up cutting the tour short and asking to be dropped off sooner than expected. I wouldn't recommend this tour company at all.

51  Thank raachhel
Reviewed August 24, 2017

Well planned tour, covering a large number of locations... the tour was for full day, covering Nusa Penida and Nusa Lambongan... all famous locations were well covered... thanks to Penida Tours... highly recommended

1  Thank Vijay_Leo