Friends of the National Parks Foundation Wildlife & Conservation Centre
St. Albans, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Experience of a life time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed with FNPF as a volunteer in 2004 for just over a month. It was a completely life changing experience all of the team are full of love and fun as well as being very committed to their work. I found it easy to relax, become one of the team and feel genuinely useful. If you have an opportunity to join FNPF as a volunteer grab it with both hands.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jon W

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Every day spent here was a gift!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Volunteering at FNPF was amazing experience and I'm grateful that I found this place through my vague online search for "volunteering in Bali". I had planned to stay for two weeks but ended up extending my trip to three, and I still wish that I could have stayed longer! The are a wide variety of projects to help out on from working in the organic garden / nursery, to bird and sea turtle monitoring or attending the free English classes. Volunteers are also given the opportunity to develop their own projects in order to apply their own skills and personalities to the work being done at FNPF. There is also plenty of free-time to explore the beautiful island and to get to know the other volunteers, and you can even try to learn Indonesian from the very patient staff and local residents. All of the staff were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, definitely a talented group!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Erin R
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Completely unprofessional”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had planned on volunteering at FNPF and was in contact with the administration nearly weekly for the 2 months prior to my arrival confirming and reconfirming. They seemed excited and agreeable to my proposed project. The day or two before my flight, I wrote to them to ask some logistical questions and NEVER HEARD back. I emailed four times since my arrival in Bali even to confirm that they do not wish me to come any longer and still did not hear back. Although, I hope they are truly doing what they advertise they are, I find their business ethics deplorable and I would not recommend working with such a project. On the upside, Bali/Nusa are not bad places to be stranded in.

Visited February 2013
5 Thank Kelly L
fnpf, CEO and Founder at Friends of the National Parks Foundation Wildlife & Conservation Centre, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We are really sorry to hear about your experience, and I want to ensure you this is not the way FNPF operates.

Previous volunteers have very positive things to say as you can see here: http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Hotel_Review-g2538506-d2060783-Reviews-FNPF_Visitor_Centre_and_Guest_House_Nusa_Penida_Bali-Nusa_Penida_West_Nusa_Tenggara.html

For some time we have been having problems sending and receiving some emails, we think related to our service provider. I know this may sound cliche but it's the simple truth.

We are a dedicated professional, internationally recognized, not-for-profit organisation, and have been working on the frontline of conservation for more than 15 years.

But we are also small and operate with very limited resources, and we don't have a staff member with expertise in IT. Recently an expert from Australia has been volunteering at our head office in Ubud, working out how to solve this issue - we hope that this has now been rectified, and that a situation like this won't happen again.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Dr Bayu Wirayudha
FNPF CEO and Founder
Perth
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lunch awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Actually at nusa penida We went there for lunch. About 20000rp for me goreng.close to the beach. Menu also written in Russian (I think).

Visited October 2012
1 Thank KaosMob
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unique volunteer experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

FNPF is actually on Nusa Penida - they run an amazing program to protect the endangered Bali Starling. It felt so good to be a part of this inspiring work. Usually there is a bit of planting/gardening in the morning and free time to snorkel/swim/explore in the afternoon. Check fnpf.org for details.

Visited June 2012
5 Thank LuH0

Travelers who viewed Friends of the National Parks Foundation Wildlife & Conservation Centre also viewed

Been to Friends of the National Parks Foundation Wildlife & Conservation Centre? Share your experiences!