We spend a short week on Palma and went to a number of restaurants in the area, Zaranda being one of them. It's in a great location in a "hotels of the world" in the Mallorca mountains. We were visiting and the end of September so the outside courtyard was still open which gives it a special appearance (basically when you look up from your table you are staring at the black star-lid sky).
When we visited it wasn't very busy (I think they were serving 7 tables in total for the evening), so we experienced very good and personal service.
- great location
- very good sommelier with a very reasonably priced wine list (some good local wines as well)
- great service (lot of very subtle hand gestures and winks going on across the courtyard and very few words; great way to deliver top service)
- good food and fantastic presentation; great attention to detail with the design of the plates, cups, etc. is out of this world pretty and aligned with the food you are eating
- I don't know what it is these days, but for some reason everything has gone taster menu with no ability to chose a la carte; the restaurant only has a €100 and €150 taster menu. We went for the €100 one and the food was very good and balanced, but there were a few things my wife didn't really liked on either menu, so we felt a little forced in to eating something
- the chef is quite adventurous; if you don't like eating everything from the animal, you might have issues (as my wife did with some elements on the dish)
But overall, a great experience and I can see why people recommend this place. Especially the pigeon with beetroot as well as the truffle dishes will be remembered
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.