“Ok, but not very interesting” 3 of 5 bubbles

Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Sydney, Australia
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Ok, but not very interesting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We visited this place at afternoon. There were few koalas on the top branches and most of them were sleeping as usual. I am not sure whether nocturnal walk could have made some difference. But if you are from australia, then this one may not look very interesting.

Visited August 2013

• Indonesian first
Adelaide, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An expert guide fo the nocturnal walk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We did the nocturnal walk with two Japanese Exchange students who greatly enjoyed seeing the Koalas, Wallabies and Kangaroos at night. We did the Koala walk before dusk and were very excited at taking selfies with the Kangaroo that was looking to be fed. Unfortunately there were only a limited range of animals seen on the tour, and I would question whether it was worth the price tag especially when 15 year olds are classified as adults.
The coffee and cake, we had while we were waiting was however spectacular. The coffee was huge.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great volunteering project and place to see wild Koalas and Kangaroos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have volunteered for 2 weeks at the sanctuary and it was one of the best experience of my life. Being a true animal lover, it was amazing to be so close to Kangaroos and Koalas in their normal habitat. The team is super friendly and very passionate in proctecting the wildlife. On your day off, the team will do their best to take you to some of the most beaufitul places on the Island.
Visiting the island? be sure you will be warmly welcomed, and if you don't manage to see a Koala on your own, one of the staff member will make sure to walk with you until you see at least one!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank manoelav996
ft. Lauderdale, FL
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Finally wild animals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went for the night walk. I was the only person for the walk. I asked if they wanted to cancel as I was only one person. They were very gracious and said no. They proceeded to take me on an hour and half walk. It started at 5:30 pm when it was getting dark. I saw the koalas high in the trees, where they are supposed to be. I saw more roos and wallabys than I could count. There were also several other animals. The man explained the history, trees, animals of the sanctuary. If you want to see animals, you need to take the walk at night. I was alone, but older kids would love it even though they discourage touching the animals. A highlight of my stay on KI. Thank you.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank traveler7462
Lisbon, Portugal
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Nice cheap way to see some koalas in the trees and maybe a strain neck. :)
This is the main attraction. You'll also see some birds and kangaroos but it's not really worth going for that, they are too far apart and you won't get close. The animals are free to roam the area. If you can, my suggestion is to skip this and head for Paul's Place, you'll get much more of your money's worth!

Visited May 2013