Roost Farm Bakery & Vineyard Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a passionate farm! We create and share locally grown food and wines situated in the heart of North Saanich's pastoral landscape, the focus is on local food and wine, and sustainability. More than just a bakery/cafe, The Roost sits on 10 acres of farmland where we grow many items used to produce the food we proudly serve. The wheat grown and milled on-site is used to bake breads fresh daily. The blueberries, sheep, and a unique vineyard, all add to the authentic experience. You'll love coming out to our place! Whether you sit on the porch, get comfy in the secret garden, relax on our "chicken-bus", or laze at a picnic bench looking out over the farm and vineyard, you are sure to enjoy a passionate farm experience!
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have tried the french toast special 2 times and its delicious, with blueberries on top, i was really impressed, all there food is great but the coffee is like water. id skip it.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We just arrived at Victoria Airport and I had a grumbling in my stomach for food. Luckily for us, a quick map check showed the Roost Farm within 5 minutes of the airport. We pulled into the gravel lot around 10:15am. It was perfect timing because I wanted breakfast and they stop serving that at 11:00 - we were just in time. There was a fairly long line, but it went fairly quickly. We both had the rooster riser breakfast. Simple eggs and potatoes with bacon and/or sausage. With an orange juice and cup of mocha, it was $25 CAN. Our breakfast was cooked well. It is a little confusing since you order from the counter first and then you find a table and they find you by calling out your name to bring you the food. They had a large selection of homemade type cookies and pastries. I haven't eaten my oatmeal cranberry yet so can't comment yet. The line stayed consistently long so the word is out that this place is good. Give it a try if you are in the area.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

There are always lots of cars in the parking lot. I know why: great pastries, soups, salads. Coffee is a bit weak but maybe that's just my taste. We sat outside in the sun in one of the spots in the hedge maze. I will be back.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoy the place, the staff and the different seating possibilities inside/outside and in the bus !! But I was disappointed with my greasy omelette and my potatoes weren't cooked properly in my opinion.
I will give it another try because I like the setting but in a little while.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Ended a wonderful Peninsula bike ride with breakfast at the Roost. The place was packed as it is popular so we ended up sitting on the funky old school bus set up for dining. Our breakfast choices were all excellent! Perfectly done Benny on a delicious basil scone; Yummy brie and yam omelet with whole wheat toast; and the traditional Roost breakfast of eggs & bacon. Everything was fresh and served hot. Even as busy as it was, the service was friendly and quick. A great stop for breakfast, lunch or dinner or just for a cup of coffee!