“OK”

Ibis Auckland Ellerslie
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ellerslie
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was booked into this motel by someone else, not my choice sort of thing, but it was ok. Good board room facilities. check in took a while but staff done their best( there was confusion over my booking as it wasnt booked by me and I got the name wrong of who it was booked under).
Public bar was nice. I found my evening meal to be quite expensive, but was nice. I thought breakfast was fairly standard and also expensive ( $32)- cooked etc, buffet style.
For lunch there was a cafe- 2mins walk from motel which was fantastic.
Room was compact, more a bussiness type motel, no noise issues.
All staff were efficent and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Eloi F, Front Office Manager at Ibis Auckland Ellerslie, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for your review.
Regarding your comment on the breakfast, please note that a $14.50 Express breakfast option is available Monday to Friday, offering coffee/tea, toast, and Danish pastries. Also, continental breakfast is available 7 days for $22 only.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Eloi F, Front Office Manager at Ibis Auckland Ellerslie, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Eloi F, Front Office Manager at Ibis Auckland Ellerslie, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Eloi F, Front Office Manager at Ibis Auckland Ellerslie, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Reviewed October 4, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Eloi F, Front Office Manager at Ibis Auckland Ellerslie, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed here for one night whilst visiting Auckland as a tourist from the UK. This isn't the type of hotel I would normally have chosen, however my friend works in NZ and had a business meeting nearby. This really feels like a business hotel instead of a leisure location. It is ideally located for access to the railway station (Greenlane) as well as the motorway. By train it is about 15-20 minutes to the centre of Auckland.

I thought my check-in was over-complicated. Since I had booked through a third party web site (hotels.com) I was told I had to pay a bond to cover any incidental charges. As I didn't have a credit card, I had a to pay using my UK debit card. Although the amount was refunded at check-out I still had to pay my banks foreign exchange charges for the taking and then refunding of the money. I also had to provide a government issued ID card to prove my identity.

My room was spacious, clean and comfortable with adjustable temperature controls. There was a flat screen television with local channels NZ One, NZ Two as well as a few international channels such as BBC World, Sky Movies and Sky Sports. There is a room service menu but I wasn't allowed to use it because I had booked through a third party web site and was told I couldn't charge anything to my room. I simply didn't want to risk losing my deposit. The best part about the room was that the bed was very comfortable and I had a really good nights sleep.

Wi-Fi internet is provided but it is so expensive to purchase access to that it is basically unusable. The access is charged by the Megabyte - so it's OK for light applications like email and web but would cost you an unreasonable amount to stream video or make a video Skype call.

We dined in the Acacia Restaurant which is attached to the hotel. Luckily, someone else was paying otherwise I would have not have dined here. The prices were too high compared to the quality of the food. We had a sharing plate containing various antipasto but for the price paid, you could have gone out and had a decent meal elsewhere.

For a basic night in Auckland this hotel is OK, if all you want is a place to sleep. The room cost is quite reasonable but the incidental charges are where you have to pay. This hotel is probably better suited to a business clientele who will be able to claim the costs back from their employer but for the visiting tourist, I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: To get a great rate, book through a third party comparison site instead of with the hotel direct. A...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Eloi F, Front Office Manager at Ibis Auckland Ellerslie, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a detailed feedback. We do appreciate your words.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Whenever I have to stay in Auckland and need a location close to motorways I choose the Ibis for its pricing and its astonishingly good restaurant. Not many people know that its just a short walk under the motorway direct to the train station so you can pop in and out of Auckland easily and cheaply. Its quiet, its got everything you need and its got a very nice lounge bar, lobby access for the internet, and parking is free!

Room Tip: All the rooms are really well sound-proofed but ask for one down the hallway at the end which is as...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Eloi F, Front Office Manager at Ibis Auckland Ellerslie, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Wow! Thank you very much for your review. We really enjoyed the title of your review, which more or less sums up what we wish to provide and achieve.
We will look forward to welcoming you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellerslie
0 mi away
3 mi away
Kiwi International Hotel
Kiwi International Hotel
#36 of 66 in Auckland Central

Been to Ibis Auckland Ellerslie? Share your experiences!