Me and my wife were at Raffles Praslin in early March and travelled from Iceland through London and Dubai.
We flew from Dubai and landed in Mahé were we were greeted with a staff-member wich showed us the way to the domestic wing of the airport - wich was very good as we were very tired after the flight and did not know our way around the airport (but still it´s small so don´t worry!).
The flight from Mahé to Praslin takes 15 minutes and was fine - and there we were again met with a staff-member, this time to pick us up and take us to the hotel, maybe a 20-30 minute drive at most.
We had a panoramic villa with a fantastic view.
In short, everything was top notch. But I must note that prices (food/drinks) are high. Probably we would have had even more to eat and drink if it wouldn´t have been so expensive. We went a couple of nights outside of the hotel to eat, where prices are maybe 50% cheaper in some instances. Otherwise we would just have stayed at Raffles, as the food and service was of high quality.
I highly reccomend the hotel. Beautiful location, extremely nice staff, very good villas, good food ... all you need for a good relaxation in the sun!
ps. we did the couples massage wich was great! gym was also very good (not big) with great views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From across the continents of Europe and Asia, the legend of Raffles now extends to the enchanting islands of the Seychelles, cradled at the heart of the Indian Ocean. Raffles Praslin Seychelles presents an all-villa Seychelles luxury resort nestled within the stunning island of Praslin that was once declared the rediscovered Garden of Eden. This Seychelles hotel seeks to present guests with an escape where warm native Seychellois hospitality is infused with the enchanting touch of Raffles. Surrender to the sun-kissed allure of Anse Takamaka’s powdered sands, on to which spill the eighty-six spacious villas fashioned to assure lavish comfort. These private abodes offer a choice of whispering, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. Be immersed in the relaxing therapies of the exclusive Raffles Spa, which coupled with the soothing embrace of unsullied nature, rejuvenate both body and spirit. Taste the distinguished flavours of the breezy Curieuse Seafood Restaurant, the local cuisine and Mediterranean delights of Losean or the light comfort food by the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Raffles Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Praslin Hotel Anse Takamaka
- Raffles Seychelles Praslin Island