Stayed at raffles for 3 nights in March. This is a wonderfull resort and I will start with the pros:
1- great staff. Caroline from management was great absorbing our frustration with the electrical outage and provided us with a lovely 2 step upgrade. Ashok our butler was so helpful and pleasant all the time. Joseph the driver was very polite And helpfull too. Edna the massuse was superb. Hany and Ramez at the restaurants were great as well. Gerard the buggy driver was always pleasant and cheerful. I am very bad with names and to remember all of them is a testament to the great work they have done.
2- the villa. Checked into a bay view villa and got upgraded next day to a panoramic ocean view villa. Both villas share an identical layout but differ in the view. The bay view is higher up in the mountain and angled so you are within the forest with the ocean visible from one end of the balcony. So it is a generous partial sea view.The panoramic ocean view is set directly facing the ocean. Both are superb views.the only advantage for the ocean view is that you can see the ocean from your bed. Otherwise, the villa is very luxurious, nicely equipped and very comfortable. The plunge pool on the balcony is amazing.
3- attentive service. Everybody is helpful and they remember your name and villa number from day 1.
4- beautiful surroundings. The resort is set up on a hill/mountain slope with a small beach at the bottom end. The landscaping is gorgeous and the views amazing.
5- top notch buggy service. They arrive to you villa within minutes of your call and transport you anywhere and back.
1- power outages and telecommunication failure. There was a routine maintanance to the generator when we checked in and repair work the next day and internet and telephone outage the day after. In all fairness, these are out of the hand of management and maximum effort was put in to get the repairs done quickly and to ensure that guests continued to enjoy their vacations. Still, no matter how understanding of a guest you may be, it does dissapoint you a bit.
2- Food variety. Breakfast buffet is very good but can become excellent with more variety. The Creole buffet at dinner again was a bit limited. A La Carte dining at the pool bar has about 5 appetizers and 5 main course choices only. Quality and taste was very good but not phenomenal.
3- energy and vibe. The resort feels a bit dead. The main pool was empty most of the time. Most guests are also on the older side (i.e. 55+). At dinner we only would find 3-4 other tables having dinner and after dinner they would dissapear. Maybe because of the lack of entertainment or maybe because of low season occupancy rates?
4- for such a wonderfull and luxurious resort, an ironing board is expected as standard in every villa and should not be provided only on request.
5- it is far away from town and you can't safely walk to anything especially at night.
Great resort. Very luxurious. Superb villas with amazing views. Attentive and personal service. A bit more variety in food and some night entertainment would make this a perfect place.
Room tip, Room 155 is great. Don't spend more on ocean view or panoramic villas as bay view villas are identical in layout and give you 80% of the view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From across the continents of Europe and Asia, the legend of Raffles now extends to the enchanting islands of the Seychelles, cradled at the heart of the Indian Ocean. Raffles Praslin Seychelles presents an all-villa Seychelles luxury resort nestled within the stunning island of Praslin that was once declared the rediscovered Garden of Eden. This Seychelles hotel seeks to present guests with an escape where warm native Seychellois hospitality is infused with the enchanting touch of Raffles. Surrender to the sun-kissed allure of Anse Takamaka’s powdered sands, on to which spill the eighty-six spacious villas fashioned to assure lavish comfort. These private abodes offer a choice of whispering, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. Be immersed in the relaxing therapies of the exclusive Raffles Spa, which coupled with the soothing embrace of unsullied nature, rejuvenate both body and spirit. Taste the distinguished flavours of the breezy Curieuse Seafood Restaurant, the local cuisine and Mediterranean delights of Losean or the light comfort food by the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Raffles Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Praslin Hotel Anse Takamaka
- Raffles Seychelles Praslin Island