We chose Raffles for 3 nights of luxury after a week on Mahe (not that we were roughing it there either - staying at Constance!). Praslin is MUCH smaller and less developed. We hired a car for a day, not because we wanted to drive around too much - but because hiring a car costs the same as the taxi to/from the airport..... as we wanted to visit the famous beach at Anse Lazio as well, it made sense to drive ourselves and save money (about 40 Euros for a day). Raffles is on the north east coast and Anse Lazio is a little further along (stunning beach obviously but not much else there), we stayed a while, took some photos and headed back to Raffles - which itself has a great beach. The highlight at Raffles for us was the villa. We were upgraded to a Panoramic Villa (having paid for a Hill Villa) - I think almost all the villas are identical inside - the price difference essentially being the position on the hill and respective view that you get. (There are a couple of family villas which are the exception). The layout and amenities are top notch as you would expect. Fantastic huge, comfy bed, raised to appreciate the view from big glass doors that open out onto a huge balcony/terrace. Plunge pool and lovely lounge area outside with big sofas and lots of cushions. The bathroom is superb with big walk in showers inside and outside and views from the bathtub. The views are fabulous too. All amenities are top quality, including the Nespresso coffee machine which we love. The resort is spread over the hillside and golf buggy's take you everywhere you want to go. The service is simply wonderful throughout - our butler was excellent and the villa was meticulously cleaned twice a day and as soon as we left it. Communal areas, food and the pool were also great. Overall it's an expensive resort BUT you don't feel trapped like some of the Maldives Resorts - where you have no choice but to pay ridiculous prices. Here food and drinks are expensive but not ridiculous and there are also cheaper options available. (If you really want you can eat elsewhere and buy drinks at the local supermarket - though it does defeat the point of staying somewhere this nice!) We stayed at the Kempinski & Constance on Mahe prior to Raffles and you pay for what you get - the service is just a different level. Overall highly recommended for a bit of pampering!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From across the continents of Europe and Asia, the legend of Raffles now extends to the enchanting islands of the Seychelles, cradled at the heart of the Indian Ocean. Raffles Praslin Seychelles presents an all-villa Seychelles luxury resort nestled within the stunning island of Praslin that was once declared the rediscovered Garden of Eden. This Seychelles hotel seeks to present guests with an escape where warm native Seychellois hospitality is infused with the enchanting touch of Raffles. Surrender to the sun-kissed allure of Anse Takamaka’s powdered sands, on to which spill the eighty-six spacious villas fashioned to assure lavish comfort. These private abodes offer a choice of whispering, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. Be immersed in the relaxing therapies of the exclusive Raffles Spa, which coupled with the soothing embrace of unsullied nature, rejuvenate both body and spirit. Taste the distinguished flavours of the breezy Curieuse Seafood Restaurant, the local cuisine and Mediterranean delights of Losean or the light comfort food by the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Raffles Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Praslin Hotel Anse Takamaka
- Raffles Seychelles Praslin Island