Stayed at the Raffles in a panoramic villa with my little family on the last leg of our Seychelles trip. I had qualms about the place, having read about them blowing up a mountain but the place looked good so I booked. I have to say that having been there, the hotel doesn't look out of place and they do bring jobs to that economy and fixed up the road. The place is very nice with a little pool, good enough to cool off whenever needed, there is a nice bathtub with a view and an outside shower we never used. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows heavenly. One needs a car as it is a bit secluded but there is a decent restaurant nearby and Anse Lazio beach is only about 10 mins away by car.
Yes one can see other guests on their terrasse but it was not big deal.
The staff was very good and helpful but some of them were way too obsequious for our taste, it's ok to be attentive but sometimes it felt like we were under surveillance and that spoils it a bit. Also on many occasions, we were asked about transfer by the butler and the conciege (not sure) and we just felt disturbed. The food was ok, the cocktails were better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From across the continents of Europe and Asia, the legend of Raffles now extends to the enchanting islands of the Seychelles, cradled at the heart of the Indian Ocean. Raffles Praslin Seychelles presents an all-villa Seychelles luxury resort nestled within the stunning island of Praslin that was once declared the rediscovered Garden of Eden. This Seychelles hotel seeks to present guests with an escape where warm native Seychellois hospitality is infused with the enchanting touch of Raffles. Surrender to the sun-kissed allure of Anse Takamaka’s powdered sands, on to which spill the eighty-six spacious villas fashioned to assure lavish comfort. These private abodes offer a choice of whispering, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. Be immersed in the relaxing therapies of the exclusive Raffles Spa, which coupled with the soothing embrace of unsullied nature, rejuvenate both body and spirit. Taste the distinguished flavours of the breezy Curieuse Seafood Restaurant, the local cuisine and Mediterranean delights of Losean or the light comfort food by the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Raffles Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Praslin Hotel Anse Takamaka
- Raffles Seychelles Praslin Island