If you are looking for a relaxing beach holiday and have unlimited funds, the Raffles resort at Praslin, Seychelles is worth serious consideration.
We had a Panoramic Villa, which as far as we could make out is the same as and Ocean View Villa only further up the hill. c. £500/ night gets you a James Bond spec. suite big bathroom, inside and outside showers, and a bath that is designed so that you can bathe overlooking the fabulous Seychelles coast. Also personal infinity pool and large terrace area.
Your butler takes care of day to day details like booking trips to other islands, any travel plans, restaurant reservations, etc., and will drive you round the resort and back up the hill to your villa in an electric golf cart.
The quality of food is close to Michellin Star, though less formal. Breakfast was a fantastic start to every day. One evening we had an in room bbq which was excellent.
The gym, spa and workout programmes are all of the highest quality. My wife and I did an Abs class where we were the only people in the class, and had the session tuned to our abilities; excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From across the continents of Europe and Asia, the legend of Raffles now extends to the enchanting islands of the Seychelles, cradled at the heart of the Indian Ocean. Raffles Praslin Seychelles presents an all-villa Seychelles luxury resort nestled within the stunning island of Praslin that was once declared the rediscovered Garden of Eden. This Seychelles hotel seeks to present guests with an escape where warm native Seychellois hospitality is infused with the enchanting touch of Raffles. Surrender to the sun-kissed allure of Anse Takamaka’s powdered sands, on to which spill the eighty-six spacious villas fashioned to assure lavish comfort. These private abodes offer a choice of whispering, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. Be immersed in the relaxing therapies of the exclusive Raffles Spa, which coupled with the soothing embrace of unsullied nature, rejuvenate both body and spirit. Taste the distinguished flavours of the breezy Curieuse Seafood Restaurant, the local cuisine and Mediterranean delights of Losean or the light comfort food by the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Raffles Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Praslin Hotel Anse Takamaka
- Raffles Seychelles Praslin Island