When we first booked this hotel it was about a year ago. Didn't know what to expect. When we got there, they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom villa on the beachfront. Normally this would have been a good thing, but at this hotel it was not for us. The villa was gorgeous inside, but we did not see the sweeping gorgeous views that were indicated on the internet photos. The view was of a marshy area in front of our deck with the beach beyond that. The restaurant was right next door so it wasn't private at all. So we asked to be moved to our originally requested room which was a 1 bedroom villa with a panoramic view. They were very gracious and wanted very much to please us and did offer to move us to another room. We were extremely pleased with the new room. The views were great. They added a lot of perks for the mistake and refunded some of our money for the first night. We were very pleased and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Many of the resorts in the Seychelles have more rustic or colonial furnishings. Raffles is the exception with ultra modern facilities and just beautiful modern furnishings. We had our own plunge pool on our deck, a living room, kitchen, bath, outdoor and indoor shower. Everything was really nice. The restaurants is expensive. Try to get at least the inclusive breakfast if possible. The island has nice beaches, and the famous coco du mer. If you love golf, go to the Lumera Golf Course. Absolutely gorgeous. The beach there is equally beautiful. They have a nice spa there too if you don't golf. I went there while my husband golfed. It was very nice. Highly recommend this place. See my photos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From across the continents of Europe and Asia, the legend of Raffles now extends to the enchanting islands of the Seychelles, cradled at the heart of the Indian Ocean. Raffles Praslin Seychelles presents an all-villa Seychelles luxury resort nestled within the stunning island of Praslin that was once declared the rediscovered Garden of Eden. This Seychelles hotel seeks to present guests with an escape where warm native Seychellois hospitality is infused with the enchanting touch of Raffles. Surrender to the sun-kissed allure of Anse Takamaka’s powdered sands, on to which spill the eighty-six spacious villas fashioned to assure lavish comfort. These private abodes offer a choice of whispering, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. Be immersed in the relaxing therapies of the exclusive Raffles Spa, which coupled with the soothing embrace of unsullied nature, rejuvenate both body and spirit. Taste the distinguished flavours of the breezy Curieuse Seafood Restaurant, the local cuisine and Mediterranean delights of Losean or the light comfort food by the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Raffles Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Praslin Hotel Anse Takamaka
- Raffles Seychelles Praslin Island