This was our first time in the Seychelles and I had been indecisive on where to stay. So happy to have chosen Raffles Praslin. All the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Villas were fantastic and beaches were stunning.
We were concerned about having butler service as like most people we are used to doing things for ourselves and are happy to do so. However our butler Kavi soon put our minds at rest and we enjoyed his cheerful nature and made use of his knowledge. Lovely guy.
Our housekeeper Denish really went out of his way to make us smile - decorating our room beautifully with the flora of Praslin. Miss him
All of the staff went the extra mile to be helpful and accomodating and all were interesting to talk to- there are many different nationalities working at Raffles. I cannot mention them all but I will always remember them.
The restaurants were exquisite. Breakfast at the Losean was varied and delicious - you must try the Takamaka honey. Also each morning at breakfast we would recieve a newspaper with a summary of the latest British news. The daily quiz in these papers were fun. The service was outstanding at both the Losean and Curieuse Restaurants. We were encouraged to Choose ANYTHING we wanted for our evening meal which chef would happliy prepare. As it was we were content with the set menu but having such an option was luxurious.
Our guide Bernard was great company, knowledgeable and funny. Our favourite trips were to La Dique - just stunning and Aride Island - once in a lifetime experience even if your not much of an Ornithologist like me. After a day at La Dique we were exhuasted so we ordered room service again this was an outstanding meal with exceptional service.
Praslin and Raffles are exactly how you see them in glossy brochures. You will not be disappointed.
Last but not least special mention must go to Sidney who manages the Losean Restaurant admirably well. Thanks to him for his charismatic wit and charming company. This guy should have his own travel TV show it would be a hit!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From across the continents of Europe and Asia, the legend of Raffles now extends to the enchanting islands of the Seychelles, cradled at the heart of the Indian Ocean. Raffles Praslin Seychelles presents an all-villa Seychelles luxury resort nestled within the stunning island of Praslin that was once declared the rediscovered Garden of Eden. This Seychelles hotel seeks to present guests with an escape where warm native Seychellois hospitality is infused with the enchanting touch of Raffles. Surrender to the sun-kissed allure of Anse Takamaka’s powdered sands, on to which spill the eighty-six spacious villas fashioned to assure lavish comfort. These private abodes offer a choice of whispering, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. Be immersed in the relaxing therapies of the exclusive Raffles Spa, which coupled with the soothing embrace of unsullied nature, rejuvenate both body and spirit. Taste the distinguished flavours of the breezy Curieuse Seafood Restaurant, the local cuisine and Mediterranean delights of Losean or the light comfort food by the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Raffles Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Praslin Hotel Anse Takamaka
- Raffles Seychelles Praslin Island