We were stuck for somewhere to stay at short notice and everywhere was fully booked. We got a fantastic rate and all had individual villas with a butler!! I'm not sure where the couple of poor reviewers have been staying before, but other than the somewhat over-priced treatments this place is just stunning! My villa had a 180 panoramic view too - bonus!! :-)
It was a bit of a trek to get there and the flights aren't very reliable with Air Seychelles as they are only small aircraft so get booked up very quickly so we got the ferry, but Raffles met us at the harbour.
My villa was so fully equipped I can't think of anything that was missing....OH I know - my husband!! :-(
I always said that I would never choose the Seychelles for a holiday, but after this experience I would definately come here purely to stay at the Raffles Hotel.
The one thing that would be nice is if they can get better rates for transport to and from Praslin bearing in mind the difficulty with the flights, but maybe that will come with time, this being a new hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From across the continents of Europe and Asia, the legend of Raffles now extends to the enchanting islands of the Seychelles, cradled at the heart of the Indian Ocean. Raffles Praslin Seychelles presents an all-villa Seychelles luxury resort nestled within the stunning island of Praslin that was once declared the rediscovered Garden of Eden. This Seychelles hotel seeks to present guests with an escape where warm native Seychellois hospitality is infused with the enchanting touch of Raffles. Surrender to the sun-kissed allure of Anse Takamaka’s powdered sands, on to which spill the eighty-six spacious villas fashioned to assure lavish comfort. These private abodes offer a choice of whispering, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. Be immersed in the relaxing therapies of the exclusive Raffles Spa, which coupled with the soothing embrace of unsullied nature, rejuvenate both body and spirit. Taste the distinguished flavours of the breezy Curieuse Seafood Restaurant, the local cuisine and Mediterranean delights of Losean or the light comfort food by the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Raffles Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Praslin Hotel Anse Takamaka
- Raffles Seychelles Praslin Island