“Great hotel for early flight out of Melbourne!”

Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Attwood
Reviewed September 8, 2010

No it's not a four star hotel, but it is a very clean, convenient, reasonably priced airport hotel. The front desk staff was extremely friendly, welcoming and efficient when I arrived. The room was large and clean and I had a very comfortable nights stay. I would definitely stay there again if I needed a room near the airport. Be sure to take the hotel phone number and call for free airport shuttle from a pay phone at the airport - fast & easy. Also it was perhaps the only hotel I stayed in in the whole country with free internet, both in the lobby and wifi in rooms!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed July 23, 2010

We arrived late at night from an international flight to find it an old-style suburban motel with rows of units strung out across the grounds and a 2-storey group of units in the far lower corner. This was where our room was, and we had to negotiate our luggage along two outdoor laneways and down a narrow flight of stairs- no help with luggage and no trolleys available. It would be a nightmare in the rain. The building was accessed through a locked door into the hallway.
The room was poorly soundproofed and all night we heard the door opening and shutting as people came in.
Also, as the grounds are used for low-priced longterm airport parking, cars started revving up and driving away from early in the morning - we hardly slept.
I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I stayed here recently en route home from Hobart. Although more than a few minutes from the airport it was a good place to rest up overnight before returning to Melbourne airport the next morning for the flight home. Check in and out were efficient.

My work colleagues and I had two connecting rooms which was convenient, The rooms were clean, decently sized although could maybe do with a makeover. Arriving too late to venture out for dinner, we opted for cheese platters from room service to assuage our hunger. These were more than adequate for this purpose and included a good selection of cheeses, fruit, both fresh and dried and crackers.

There is a free airport shuttle bus which we used on our return trip to the airport and was very convenient. If we had been aware of this service we would have used it to travel to the motel as our taxi driver had no idea whatsoever where the place was!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Our family of two adults and two children stayed at this Hotel on the night prior to leaving for overseas. We took advantage of a package which included accommodation, breakfast, car parking for 7 days and shuttle to and from the airport. Parking for extra days was charged at $5 per day.
We found staff to be efficient and helpful and the airport shuttle was quick and convenient.
Our room was clean and comfortable. Paying particular attention to the bathroom it was either fairly new or immaculate.
I have no hestitation using this hotel in the future or recommending it to friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MelGeelong
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I came to Melbourne to attend a 5 days conference in the motel, after make a phone call from Melbourne airport, just wait 10 minutes, the shuttle bus came.
They have a big convention centre with great park view, love the free wireless internet throughout the property. Unlike other motel, they have a great selection menu for dinner, it is really good for me staying here for 5 days, and I enjoyed the food.
In the morning, shuttle bus runs every half hour. so convenient for us to get to airport flying back home.
By the way, I enjoy the heated spa.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Stayed here one night to catch an early flight out of MEL. I will compliment them on getting me to the airport at 6am- however I wanted to leave at 7am- no- the 6am was convenient for them not me.
This did allow me to spend less time in a stripped with paltry amenities,poorly air conditioned room that had constant noise just outside the door throughout the night. The shower water pressure is poor but that could work in your favor as the hot water alternated from scald to freeze during the 3 minutes I used it. Note this was at 5am, who knows what it is during the busy 9am time. The promised internet worked sporadically and ceased at 5am- unacceptable for a business oriented motel
Although the website proports a laundry-it doesn't have one- I was directed to walk next door to the trailer park and use theirs, which I did. The creepy people milling about caused me to not allow my wife to go alone- I was afraid she would end up in someones freezer.
The motel is miles from any restaurants/bars so you will bring food or eat/drink in their overpriced restaurant so beware.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2010

I booked this hotel at the last minute. The cab driver at Melb airport had no idea where it was. We finally found it in a residential area across the road from a trailer park. It is a nice enough old-style motor inn with reasonable service. The breakfast is good. Not anything to wow about, but if transferring overnight between flights it is functionally acceptable.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Attwood
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
#3 of 7 in Tullamarine
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

Been to Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!