“Absolutely Fantastic”

Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Attwood
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We returned again after a visit earlier in the year and it has improved even more this time, food was Fantastic with a GREAT Variety in the menu. We met family there for dinner and they were as impressed as we were again. Very reasonable prices with very comfortable rooms. We were given a free upgrade to a spa room just for returning and staying a second time, Very Impressed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Steve C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments about our property

Is it fantastic that even after having a wonderful first stay with us, we could impress you even more the second time around. Looking forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I wanted to book a hotel near Melbourne airport for one night after returning from an overseas trip. I wastossing my choices between Mantra ( I have stayed there before) and this one and eventually decided on this hotel since Mantra charge 20 dollars extra as car parking fees. I was somewhat hesitant after reading some negative reviews below but received a tempting offer through Hotels.com with a free room upgrade and breakfast.

The receptionist told me that my room (51) was in the " newly renovated" section of the hotel and I found the room to be clean and comfortable. It had a large flat screen TV with foxtel and AC/Heating was spot on. Pool was quite small and I did not see any one using it probably because all were passengers to and from the Airport. Hotel offers free shuttle bus service and you get free car parking if you happen to bring your car.
Breakfast was a buffet with reasonable choices. and the staff was very friendly too. I might stay in a difeerent hotel this tme purely because of my desire to experience new places but I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel if you want short term accomodation close to the Melbourne airport

Room Tip: Rooms 50-54 overlooking the pool are newly renovated and look good
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Steve C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for giving us an opportunity here at the Airport Motel and Convention Centre. It is fantastic you enjoyed your stay and even though as stated you like experiencing different hotels, we truly hope to see you back here one day.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

First time we've stayed at this location. Found the room clean and comfortable at a reasonable price. Very handy to the airport which is the main reason we used it. Reliable shuttle service to the airport. Very enjoyable meal in the restaurant and also reasonably priced.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

It is fantastic you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Best Western Airport Motel and Convention Centre.

We do try to make sure our busses run on schedule and get all our guests to the airport on time. I am also pleased you enjoyed your evening meal and we do try to cater for all guests and that is why our meals vary as do the prices.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is our first time traveling in Australia. We arrived very late from Hong Kong and when we called for the shuttle service, the bus was already waiting for us. Been given a complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe room by a very nice young man. The Deluxe Room is very comfortable and it is newly renovated I believed. The location is about 10 mins drive from the Airport and we use the same bus to go back to the airport to pick up our rental car.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for submitting your review on Trip Advisor

As stated we do always try to complimentary upgrade our guests to the better rooms when we do have the availabilty to do so. As stated our Deluxe rooms are newly renovated and in the near future we are also looking at renovating all room types to hopefully make every room on the property as new as possible.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Airport transfer on time,Room service great, wake up call on time, receptionist friendly, and even the transfer guy was polite at 5:30 am, I must compliment all staff to the highest degree for their friendliness and help whenever needed.Compliments to the chef and staff for the excellent meals we thoroughly enjoyed during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for these great comments on our property.

We do strive to make every guest feel welcomed and we always try to make sure all guest needs are met and to as you stated (to the highest degree) possible.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Due to an early flight in the morning I stayed at this motel. I was a bit worried with the negative reviews but went ahead anyway. Easy to get too. Clean room. The bathroom was out of date but all you need is a place to sleep. Bed was comfy, heating was perfect, free wifi is always a bonus, check in was a breeze and the girl who greeted me was very pleasant. I was right behind the convention centre but had no issues there. Only complaint is with some rude guests who let their car alarm go off for 5 minutes during the middle of the night before turning it off. Nothing the hotel can do there. I will definitely be back next trip to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor

We are very pleased that after reviewing some reviews that weren't so good about our property you still thought you would try our motel out to judge for yourself. I am also very plaesed that we will see you here in the near future on your next trip to the airport.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

First off let me qualify my review. I have lived in hotels all over the world for the past 20 years and worked as chief engineer in a 350 room property. That being said - this property is way over priced for the product they have available. The front staff are top notch, The driver is one hell of a human being. They are doing the very best they can with what they have to work with. I was scheduled to stay 9 nights and they wanted me to pay up front for the full stay, I paid for two and went to the Holiday Inn for the remainder.

Take a look on the wall in the lobby - Every one of the employee of the year awards are dated Oct 2011- how can all be employee of the year? Take a look at the front window- they somehow got a Tripadvisor award for 2011... and thus all became employee of the year.

I was "upgraded" from the basic room to a spa room. WOW!!! The spa tub is right next to the bed, how romantic. Sounds like those hotels one can rent in Bahrain by the hour!!! But there was no "full service" available like in Bahrain.

The room is most basic with paper thin walls- TV has 8 channels, bed right up near the window, poor heating, extremely low water flow in the shower and should someone flush or turn on water whilst youre in the shower, get ready for the temp change. If you happen to visit this property pull the bed aside and youre sure to find something left by previous guests, mine happened to have food and debris.

The restaurant is void of any atmosphere (read Sterile) and is very loud. Service is undetectable. Breakfast staff, one person really, speaks at the top of her voice to other staff across the room as well to the guest in a most condescending manner. Basically she is obnoxious and rude. She says they keep the chickens out back. I checked - there are no chickens out back. Fried eggs over medium come out sunny side up, bacon is like leather - that might just be a culture thing.

Basically I suggest avoid this property at all costs. It just isnt worth the abuse.

The only reason they get 2 out of 5 is because of the front desk staff and van driver.

Room 29, August 14 and 15

Room Tip: Find another property
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kenneth H
Steve C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thank-you for your feedback on our property and staff. We take all feedbacks very seriously whether the feedback is good or bad. I will address all the issues listed with other management as to resolve the issues brought up and will speak to the staff member in the restaurant that you are referring to. Once again my apologies and hope to see you back again to give us another chance to impress you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Attwood
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
#3 of 7 in Tullamarine
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

Been to Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!