First off let me qualify my review. I have lived in hotels all over the world for the past 20 years and worked as chief engineer in a 350 room property. That being said - this property is way over priced for the product they have available. The front staff are top notch, The driver is one hell of a human being. They are doing the very best they can with what they have to work with. I was scheduled to stay 9 nights and they wanted me to pay up front for the full stay, I paid for two and went to the Holiday Inn for the remainder.
Take a look on the wall in the lobby - Every one of the employee of the year awards are dated Oct 2011- how can all be employee of the year? Take a look at the front window- they somehow got a Tripadvisor award for 2011... and thus all became employee of the year.
I was "upgraded" from the basic room to a spa room. WOW!!! The spa tub is right next to the bed, how romantic. Sounds like those hotels one can rent in Bahrain by the hour!!! But there was no "full service" available like in Bahrain.
The room is most basic with paper thin walls- TV has 8 channels, bed right up near the window, poor heating, extremely low water flow in the shower and should someone flush or turn on water whilst youre in the shower, get ready for the temp change. If you happen to visit this property pull the bed aside and youre sure to find something left by previous guests, mine happened to have food and debris.
The restaurant is void of any atmosphere (read Sterile) and is very loud. Service is undetectable. Breakfast staff, one person really, speaks at the top of her voice to other staff across the room as well to the guest in a most condescending manner. Basically she is obnoxious and rude. She says they keep the chickens out back. I checked - there are no chickens out back. Fried eggs over medium come out sunny side up, bacon is like leather - that might just be a culture thing.
Basically I suggest avoid this property at all costs. It just isnt worth the abuse.
The only reason they get 2 out of 5 is because of the front desk staff and van driver.
Room 29, August 14 and 15
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Airport Motel and Convention Centre is a four star property that is situated minutes from the Tullamarine Airport and it is also situated only 5 minutes away from the very popular DFO Essendon. • Has a range of rooms to cater for a diverse market, from our basic four star motel rooms to our modern and contemporary Deluxe Business rooms• Included in the rate is our complimentary shuttle bus service that operates 24 hours a day seven days a week. • We also have free wireless internet available for all our guests and all rooms also include selected Foxtel channels. • All rooms also include full size iron/ironing board, hairdryer, refrigerator, mini bar, remote control LCD TV, individually controlled heater/air conditioner and same day dry cleaning service.For our guests going away for either business or pleasure we also offer our long term secure parking to store your vehicle with us whilst you’re away for a minimal rate of 8 dollars per day. The property includes an A La Carte Restaurant that operates for breakfast and dinner. Operating in the reception foyer we have a flight arrival/departure screen that will keep you updated on your flight times or you’re more than welcomed to ask one of our very friendly and professional staff members to give you assistance in finding that information for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Airport Motel & Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Airport Motel And Convention Centre
- Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre Hotel Melbourne
- Best Western Melbourne