Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Attwood
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Why, I wonder, am I sitting in my room at 7am writing this review, rather than still fast asleep like I should be? Maybe ask the cleaner in the room next door, who was making so much noise clanking around crockery, I actually thought someone had dropped a tray of it outside our front door. Not happy. The start of the stay wasn't great either. Rang for the shuttle bus, and when I asked for clarification on the pick up point, the reception staff were a bit condescending, as they were when I rang them back to query why the bus had sailed past us at the stop we were told to wait at. A bit disappointed that it took the bus 30 minutes to turn up, because that meant we couldn't eat in the restaurant that was supposed to be very good. The room is clean and functional, but overpriced for what you get. Not really looking forward to spending a second night here, and won't be coming back again or recommending it.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Steve C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for your review on our property

We take all reviews very serious and it is great to get reviews on areas that we need to concentrate on to improve our property. In regards to the airport shuttle pick up, at the moment they are doing major changes at the airport for bus pick-ups and as there are changes with our pick up points it has become a bit difficult for guests to understand where the pick up points are as the airport are still in the progress of marking each section to make it easier. Once again sorry about the stay and hopefully you will give us another chance soon.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent from the first point of contact !!
Spotlessly clean, perfect location 8 minutes from the airport,
Great Mini bar
Fantastic Breakfast
Great pick up drop off service

Can't rate this place highly enough
I travel a lot and this place takes ticks all the boxes !!
Keep up the great work !

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kyzafletch

Thank you for this review and it is a review we here at the Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre strive for. It is fantastic to see how you have listed so many positives at this property and can't rate this property highly enough.

Thank-you once again

Reviewed July 19, 2013

was lovely place to stay very clean and presentable the staff were lovely and the shuttle bus a bonus... I chose to stay there after taking my daughter to hospital apt we live in tas and thought it be better to stay near airport for flight the following day... Much more comfortable that the place we stayed night before near hospital... Would recommend to everyone to stay at this best western.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

It is fantastic you enjoyed your stay with us and it is also great that not only would you consider staying with us again but you would also recommend our property to others.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed for a month in Feb'2013 as a single occupant, on work

I was here between 1-Feb to 28-Feb and had the best time :) I will go step by step, so you know all know why I think this was so good, with 1-2 things that need improvement.

a. Bedroom - I stayed in room # 72 and had direct access to the car park, without disturbing the other guests. The room was spacious, had wi-fi, TV, a jacuzzi and a tea & coffee place. It also had the a table & chairs for work.

Negatives - It could do with a few more sockets and the walls for the room & toilet were paper thin. I am a sound sleeper so it doesnt matter if someone is making noise in the adjacent room, but I couldnt use the bathroom without all the noises reaching the person visiting & waiting for me in the room. That was embarassing.

b. Food - we were on a free breakfast and most times I was later than 9.30 AM at the breakfast table. I skipped it for 2 weeks and then hunger caught up with me. The ladies working the breakfast table noticed and saved me some bits...I am really thankful to them for their thoughfulness.

I had dinner one night and although it was expensive, it was too good and I would have regretted passing it up.

c. Airport services - this was my first visit to Melbourne, we arrived at 11.30 PM to rains and snow. I thought the trip was doomed and I couldn't connect to the hotel to inform that I had arrived. But no problem, the reception had sent the car in advnce anticipating rain with my name and was waiting to transport me. Along with me, another elderly couple had to be transported and the guy who came to pick us up was so humble and nice. He also dropped me and my friends from India to the shopping mall, to and fro from the airport. That was the best thing they could ever do and thats why they are best.

d. Taxi service - I asked for my taxi to be called in by the people at the reception every morning at 9.30 AM and it would be there, ready for me to go off. No waiting and no cancellations. Love you guys for that!!

e. Safety - I have never felt as safe as I felt here and I would go back again if I had to travel to Melbourne again

I stayed the entire month of February this year and loved it. Thank you for making it wonderful for me.

Room Tip: Choose the spa room + breakfast...both are amazing The rooms overlooking the grounds is a pleasure...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your great review on our motel

It is fantastic to see not only guests who stay overnight with us but for those who are here on longer terms are also happy with the consistency of service we offer. I have also jotted down the negatives you have stated and truly appreciate these comments as we always try to better the service and rooms and with feedback it makes it a lot easier to know what we have to focus on.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Needed a hotel close to the airport for an early morning start and parking for more than a week . The package we got was great value. Front of house staff were courteous and helpful both when booking over the phone and on arrival. Unit was extremely clean which is our number one expectation matter the standard of accommodation we are staying in. Shuttle bus service to and from the airport was faultless. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
Steve C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on our property,

It was fantastic to hear how you found our staff were very courteous and helphful, and as like most other people when booking a motel/hotel look for cleanliness you found ours exceptional.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed in this hotel after a long haul flight from Paris as a stopover for a connecting flight. This hotel cannot make things easier for you. They offer a free shuttle bus to and from the airport to the hotel. The rooms are large and very clean with coffee and tea making facilities. Free Wifi and Foxtel. Room service was also a bonus as we arrived quite late and didn't have to fuss with going out to eat. All in all great value especially when compared to the more expensive options. Would recommend to a friend and would book again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Steve C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for this great review on the Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and as a part of our service we always try to go out of our way to accomodate our guests and make sure that they have the most enjoyable stay as possible.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed two nights, 28/6 & 29/6. Arrived after midnight - 5 mins drive from Tullamarine Airport - suited me as I had no need to stay in CBD.
Warm & large room - comfortable bed - slept well - there was some corridor noise although didn't cause any problem.
My room was under the conference centre, there was a function at night 29/6 - never heard a thing from above.
A good stay, breakfast was fine - basic but filling.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Steve C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your review on trip advisor

It is great to hear good comments on our superior rooms under the conference centre as we do get lots of comments on our deluxe rooms. We have also recently tried to minimise the noise coming from conferences, especially in the evenings to make our guests staying in these rooms as enjoyable as possible.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Attwood
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
#3 of 7 in Tullamarine
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

Been to Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!