Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport(Tullamarine)(Great Value!)
$105
$94
$123
$115
$102
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel(Tullamarine)(Great Value!)
$147
$87
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport(Tullamarine)(Great Value!)
$148
$122
HolidayInn.com
$214
$202
PARKROYALhotels
  • Restaurant
Quest Melbourne Airport(Tullamarine)(Great Value!)
$135
$62
$55
$44
ibis Budget
All reviewsstayed herefree shuttlepaellanext morningairport motelshuttle serviceleave your carroom servicean early flightbeds were comfortablerental carstay overnightwake up callroom was largemini bargreat place to staylate at night
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We just stayed at this hotel as a stop-over before flying back home via an early morning flight. It was surprisingly better than what I imagined. In fact, we were pleasantly surprised by the nicely refurbished rooms, better-than-expected food, and good, prompt service by the reception counter. They gave us free wifi and the business center (a small one with two computers) allowed me to print out my boarding pass just in time.

What I loved the most was the pleasant surprise when we opened the door to our room - everything looks very new and clean (unlike the "motel" like exterior of the hotel). I think if the hotel can afford some time and money, they can consider also putting up a new coat of paint outside so that the hotel is new from the inside and the outside as well.

I would strongly recommend this hotel if you are just briefly staying for a night or two while waiting for your next flight out of Melbourne.

1  Thank MissMah
Steve C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We also value your honest feedback especially the comments on the exterior of the property and will share it with our management team. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Can highly recommend if you need a place to stay close to the airport. The reception service is highly effecient and pleasant, the rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean and the restaurant is very good. Our (very) early shuttle transfer to the airport was free and the driver helpful. All in all a great facility.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JWDavies

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our services to be wonderful. We are also happy to hear how you found our shuttle bus servicxe that does operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week very helpful and usefull.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

On arrival at Melbourne airport we telephoned the hotel and the complimentary shuttle was there to collect us in 10 minutes, with a very helpful driver. Check in was easy and the staff most helpful.
Our room was spacious, clean and well equipped, and quiet. The bed was comfortable so we enjoyed a good sleep. Breakfast next morning was excellent and Athena and Kelly made sure we had all we needed. The complimentary shuttle then took us back to the airport. Altogether an excellent place to stay with staff to match.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near to reception
1  Thank hfba

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff. We are also pleased to hear you enjoyed your breakfast in the restaurant and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I can not rate the room and staff highly enough the room was Superb and Very Spacious, the facilities are very good with a restaurant with food to die for and reasonable prices and the deserts are heavenly. I had a salad with Chicken strips that would have fed 2 people with ease so much food for so little. Free Wi Fi an added advantage

1  Thank Solstice10

I am pleased you had a wonderful stay with us and appreciate the nice comments about our staff, facilities and meals in the restaurant. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Airport Motel and Concention Centre soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip as I was attending training being held at the motel conference facilities.

The motel offers a free shuttle bus between the airport and the motel, which is handy.

I stayed in one of the Deluxe Rooms. The room was very modern. Clean. It was nice a comfy for me to chill out in and read during the downtime. The motel also has free wifi which was a plus. A couple of things I didn't like about the room were that if the rooms either side had their tv on, I could hear it crystal clear, the bed was really uncomfortable (normally I will sleep on anything) and housekeeping didn't leave any spare toilet paper rolls and only left a small amount on the existing roll, leading to an awkward call to reception to ask for more.

The onsite resturant, I think the most appropriate word to describe it is 'meh'. The menu wasn't exiciting, the food was average, it wasn't bad, but just really boring and average and the prices were expensive for the quality of the food. The other nights I wandered down the road to the pub and got some great pub meals there.

But despite giving only 3 stars, if I needed somewhere close to the airport, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chards5
Steve C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for your recent post on Trip Advisor

I'm glad that you found our newly refurbished Deluxe rooms comfy and clean to stay in, and it's also great to hear comments on the area's that need improving as our property strives to get the most out of not only our service from our staff but also from our rooms.

We will also notify head chef on the menu and it's pricing and review it to see what we can add to make it more appealing.