“Fantastic conference venue”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Attwood
Melbourne
“Fantastic conference venue”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We held a conference here for ~75 people and it was brilliant, thanks largely to the staff; Gareth & Mia. Great food, renovated rooms and just very, very well organised. You guys thought of everything and were flexible where we needed it, very appreciated! See you next year, thanks again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Steve C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for entering a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (03) 9333 2200.
Thank you again for taking the time to complete a review.

Louis Apap
Front Office Manager / Accounts Recievable
BEST WESTERN Airport Motel and Convention Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bundaberg, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2012

i am writing this review, on behalf off overseas frinds.
when they arrived late at night, they just called the motel, and within a few minutes they were picked up, the staff were great, and told them, that they could take them to the airport, so they could go in to melboure, with the air bus. when they came back to the airport, they were picked up again, and taken to the motel.
thank you for being so nice to our frinds.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for entering a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete a review.

Louis Apap
Front Office Manager / Accounts Recievable
BEST WESTERN Airport Motel and Convention Centre
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2012

the shuttle bus goes every half hour to the airport and the driver is friendly, leasant and helpful. This is a good place to stay if you are in transit - for international flights

Accra, Ghana
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western Airport Motel for one night only, as I was flying out to LA from Tullamarine Airport the following morning.

The hotel is not on a main road, and while a main road is not far away, if you lacked transport, I would think that a taxi would need to be ordered. I don't know what public transport, except for maybe a bus along the nearest main road, might be available in that case. I had a hire car, so it didn't mean much to me, but I don't know that there are a lot of options if you are stuck for transport. Broadmeadows train station is not far away, and the nearest major group of shops are located at Gladstone Park Shopping Centre, which is a pretty average mall, but may serve as a hub for local transport.

This hotel pretty much ticked all the boxes for what I needed - the rooms are not luxury, but very neat and practical. I had no problem with the wi-fi connection at all, and the ensuite was modern & clean. The room also had a kitchenette, which I didn't use, but seemed very practical for those people equipped to cook their own meals.

This may come in handy, as I seem to recall asking the reception about breakfast, and getting that it was a buffet that was a little overpriced, at least in my opinion. I bought some fruit in Melbourne while I was out for the afternoon, and had that for breakfast.

I found it very easy to get to from Tullamarine Airport - I picked up a hire care there, drove out of the terminal down the freeway, and it was the first major exit to Attwood. I returned the hire car the same day so that I had no entanglements in the morning, as I didn't want to be running late and have to worry about the car. The hotel's shuttle was able to take me back from the hotel in the evening, and in the morning, I used the shuttle again to get to the international terminal for my LA flight.

If you plan to spend time checking out Melbourne, as I did for the afternoon, then I would recommend getting a hire car at the airport. There is no problem with parking at the BWAM.

I would say that the price was ok, although I would point out that Australia in some cases is quite expensive for accommodation compared to many other countries I have been, so foreigners visiting might find the price a little high. I say this because it roughly equates to what I recently paid in Washington DC at the Hilton Gardens there, and I would say that while BWAM is a very nice motel, it didn't compare to the DC hotel. I say this for the benefit of foreign visitors to Australia in order that they understand that this is a good AIRPORT hotel.

The bottom line is that in Australia, you are going to pay through the nose if you want luxury - as I said before, BWAM might not be like that, but certainly ticks all the boxes, and is a very practical place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Adelaide
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I arrived quite late thanks to two flight cancellations and was certainly looking for some peace and quiet and an early night, all of which I got. The staff (especially Michael) were all very helpful and I received a room upgrade which was fresh and clean and stylish. I used their shuttle service which was excellent on arrival and departure and found it all very convenient and would certainly stay here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Room close to front was still very peaceful, no noise and not far to drag my bags which I was helped...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank lollygobbleblissbom
Albury, Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2012

A good place to stay if you want to overnight in Melbourne for a flight out the next day. This motel is very well geared for this type of traveller. My room was comfortable and stylish (recently renovated Deluxe room) and reasonably priced for Melbourne. The staff were all eficient, cheerful and helpful. I dined in their Reflections Restaurant which served a tasty and well presented meal at reasonable cost and their full cooked breakfast was very good value. The free shuttle bus service to the airport was quick and efficient and on my return that night to pick up my car the bus arrived quickly at the airport after my phone call on landing at Melbourne Airport. Overall I was very happy with all aspects of my stay.

Room Tip: Renovated Deluxe rooms are stylish and comfortable. A room away from the shuttle bus pick up point c...
Cairns
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed here on an overnight stop over. Rang reception of the courtesy shuttle to the Hotel and he beat us to the pick up point.
Check in was fast and smooth and receptionist lovely.
We're given a room that was really far away. It was a walk through the car park, under the convention centre and left me wondering what happens when it's really raining as there is no cover?
Read on the website that they had upgraded some of their rooms - but ours unfortunately wasn't one so cannot comment on that. But the room we did have was really clean and bed was comfortable. Was even new magazines in the room to read. Nice touch!
Unfortunately we were woken up at 3am by something consistently scratching in the roof and couldn't sleep again. When checking out I mentioned it to the receptionist, she spoke to the duty manager who gave us a discount on our room. Was very nice of them seeing they cannot help the wildlife.
Would stay here again and do recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Attwood
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
#3 of 7 in Tullamarine
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,865 reviews

Been to Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!