“Clean, friendly b&b, near to the airport, good facilities, would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Rosa Blu

La Rosa Blu
Ranked #8 of 10 Palese B&B and Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mahahual, Mexico
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I made arrangements with the owner to have her husband pick us up from the airport. I was so pleasantly surprised to find him there since our flight was delayed 3 hours. He drove us to a bank and to get pizza in another town in the middle of the night. He was an angel. Our room was spotless and more than I expected for the price. We had breakfast, great coffee and his wife drove us to the pier. I'm surprised at the negative comments. If I went on another cruise I would definatly stay there again. I didn't want to be in town I wanted to be close to my ship. I highly recommend this b&b.

Room Tip: I had a restroom in my room, by other reviews I assume some don't .
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank reenibohini
uk
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The B & B was good quality. It was a room (en-suite) in a villa situated in a compound behind walls with a gatehouse for entry. If you aren't aware of this you'll never find it. Best make arrangements for contact with the proprietor before arrival so he can be there to meet you.
We were provided with a key for the gate and the property so we could eat out. B & B means what it says - no other meals. Only stayed the one night and were invited to use the terrace overlooking a nice garden - very laid back and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stefski
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My boyfriend and I planned a trip to Amalfi Coast, Bari and Lecce last summer. We LOVED the actual city of Bari. We made a lot of friends, had some of the best meals ever, and didn't find it to be particularly sketchy.

We came to Italy not knowing where we would stay in the South, and at the last-minute asked our amazing B&B owner in Furore to help us find a place. When he called to talk to the owners of La Rosa Blu, he was greeted with screams and general rudeness, but we were in need of a place and so we went for it since the woman on the phone said that they were in central Bari and had a decent price.

We arrived in Bari at 9pm and were picked up by the male owner, who was really sweet, and who spoke a bit of English. We thought we were going to the b&b in downtown Bari, but he instead said that that particular b&b was full, and we'd be staying "somewhere else." He then took us on a bizarre goose chase, driving us around on a freeway, past the airport, at which point he got out and asked us to change cars with his wife in the middle of the road (?!) We had no idea what was happening. His wife was rude, mean and talked super fast Bari-Italian... couldn't understand 'si' or 'no' from her. I tried communicating with her in French, Spanish, normal Italian, but she was incomprehensible and unwilling to attempt to communicate.

She continued driving us around, picking up random people, dropping them off. We were terrified because we were disoriented, it was late and at one point we were going down a dirt road in the middle of nowhere with no lights. She dropped us off at a FRIEND's B&B because both of her's were apparently overbooked.

The next day she picked us up, and told us that we needed to pack up again and go with her to La Rosa Blu. When we got there we were devastated. The place was in a gated compound, full of ugly 1970 apartment duplexes and condos. It was very far from the center of Bari, which was my main concern (about 7 miles or so). The bathroom is shared with whoever is staying in the home, and the room was undecorated and ugly. There were these metal garage doors that opened to lead to the balcony. It wasn't super clean, and the beds were the most uncomfortable thing I've ever felt.

I told her that we didn't want to stay there and that it was unacceptable since she told us we would be in downtown Bari, and we got into a huge confrontation. She kept yelling at me and threatened to call the police (because of all the driving she did.....). My boyfriend shelled out 30E to shut her up, and we left to stay in a hotel downtown, which was the best choice ever.

I realize Southern Italian culture is different, as my family is from Southern Italy. I'm used to the screaming and bluntness. BUT, if you operate a business catering to foreigners and travelers, you can't afford to act that way or be deceitful about the location and amenities offered at your establishment.

Stay FAR away from this place.

-Danielle

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Danielle O

Travelers are raving about these Palese hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palese
Hi Hotel Bari
Parco Dei Principi Hotel Congress & Spa
B&B Moma
B&B Moma
#1 of 10 in Palese

Been to La Rosa Blu? Share your experiences!