All reviewsthe pubsteak and ale pieroaring fireyorkshire dalesscampigroupon deallovely foodbeer gardenshort breakboth nightsrelaxing weekendfull english breakfastwarm welcomepleasant staylake districtcooked breakfastbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed August 29, 2017

Cosy little pub in a town off the M6 handy for the Lake District. I looked around the town and there was not much there, not even a fish and chip shop so you are effectively limited to the pub for food. The garden at the back was lovely when the sun was out. The room was ok bt the toilet and shower area was very cramped.

Stayed: June 2017
2  Thank James T
Tony G, Manager at Cross Keys Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Thank you for your nice comments regarding those rooms we are hoping they will be enlarged in the future..

Reviewed August 28, 2017

We booked this hotel for a last minute overnight stay. The room was a bit of a let down, it was tiny with a dated ensuite and no hot water came from the shower. The food in the restaurant was very nice and the service was good. A lovely beer garden and 2 beautiful German Shepherds. Tebay is a very small village in a good location, just off the M6 and not far from Windemere and Kendal.

Room Tip: Not room 5
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karen h

Lovely comments thank you very much...

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

I have been to this little gem many times and now use it for out local business meeting lunches.

Staff are very pleasant and polite.

The food is lovely, always piping hot and well presented. I would say it's a varied menu, on traditional pub style food with specials displayed. The sandwiches are freshly prepared and generously filled. Lasagne is great. Fish and chips are not greasy, just right! Every meal I've had has been very good and well portioned.

Wonderful views have to be the first thing that pops in my mind! I'm not local but have made the journey for the walks.

It is a beautiful old building and like all old places had some lumps and bumps however I love these old places and their story.

An open fire place in the winter and lovely garden for the summer.

I've been able to take my dog into the bar, the owners are very doggy friendly. The Cumbian countryside and Tebay are gorgeous areas for walks. If you get a chance to stop here it is really worth it. Even for a little rest stop off the M6!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo

Many thanks for writing such a lovely review...

Reviewed August 12, 2017

My wife and I and our son eat here one night, as we were staying in a nearby B&B. A pleasant local atmosphere in this 16th century pub with beamed ceilings. The food menu was rather limited; we ordered fish & chips and pies, which were, however, very good. There was also fine selection of beers. The service was friendly. Overall, I could recommend for a meal, even though the menu when we were there was rather limited.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Many thanks for your lovely comments regarding our menu being limited we have 6 starters, 17 main courses, 4 deserts, we always have daily specials on as well...

Reviewed August 4, 2017

Great atmosphere in this local pub.We booked the restaurant area but would have been happy to have eaten in any area of this atmospheric pub.The service was excellent and extremely friendly.Our meals were very good, an excellent experience.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank deegees

Lovely comments thank you..