Cross Keys Inn
$149
Elvoline
Thorns Hall(Sedbergh)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe pubsteak and ale pieroaring fireyorkshire dalesscampishared bathroomgenerous portionsgroupon deallovely foodshort breakboth nightsrelaxing weekendwarm welcomepleasant staylake districtfull english breakfastfeel very welcome
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I spent a week here whilst working at the services on business, and thoroughly enjoyed it! I didn't eat anywhere else all week! All the bar staff were very friendly and there was a decent atmosphere in the bar, especially when the fire was burning. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The chalet style rooms at the back of the pub looked right over the rolling hills and I would probably choose one of them was I to visit again.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Tony G, Manager at Cross Keys Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for a great review I will pass it on...

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My partner and I stayed here as a base for visiting the surrounding national parks. It's was a good budget price for a double ensuite room. The rooms were clean and had what you needed. The staff were really friendly and the food was tasty, home cooked fare. A comfy and pleasant place to spend a few days.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bakery_treats

Lovely comments thank you...

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Booked an overnight stay on way home from Lowther Show (have use inn for drinks a few times)
however on being shown to room no.4 we were met with a strong smell of damp in both bedroom and the bathroom, both bathroom with very old brown bath suite and bedroom with large scratch marks on door and skirting boards exposing bare wood the wardrobe with missing handle did not bode well for a nights stay so we paid up our £80.00 and promptly left, they did not seem surprise that we had only stayed in the room for max 5mins and did not enquire why we were leaving, but thanked us for the money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dianor
Tony G, Manager at Cross Keys Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

The room you were checked into has only just been decorated, however I will check if damage has been done & I will fix it straight away. The bath is old but is very clean I keep it as its the only bath we have in the premises & some people like a bath. We are very busy this summer no body else has made a complaint about this room. However, when I go to a place I don't go just for the room, I go for ambiance, food, drink etc etc. I am sorry but you never gave us a chance for us to show you what we can do, food & drink etc. So I don't know how you can base your opinion on just a room.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed for two nights and found it enjoyable and relaxing we were made to feel extremely welcome by all the staff the food was excellent and reasonably priced this is a place we will be staying again soon

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank webby393

Once again thank you for lovely comments...

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have visited the Cross Keys on numerous occasions over the past 3 years as we have a caravan sited 2 miles away at Westmorland and we have always found a warm welcome. The building itself is an old coach house from yesteryear situated in the village of Tebay. The location of the Cross Keys is ideal for visiting the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales or further afield. The service is second to none and the staff are always cheery and welcoming.
I cannot believe some of what the previous reviewers are suggesting and it isn't anything that we have encountered on many visits and we will continue to visit in the future, this was a great find and an establishment we will continue to use going forward.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sandonred

Thank you for your lovely comments I do know you both and yes you do visit us very often, thank you...