Oceanview Estates Winery and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Ocean View
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We went there to book one of their cottages for our wedding anniversary, but had lunch first, which was a smart move. The service was abysmal; we waited 50 minutes for our food!! The restaurant want even anywhere near full, and the lunch menu has only a few dishes anyway. So why the delay?

I ordered the "fillet" sandwich. No way was that rubbery, grisly, overcooked piece of meat, fillet steak. The cucumber in the salad was slimy.

My husband ordered slow cooked beef cheek, again this was overlooked and dried out. All in all, an overpriced, sub standard meal. Very disappointing indeed. Needless to say, we are not spending our anniversary there!!!

Don't bother people, it's just not worth the drive up there!!

1  Thank MJay2
kate h, Owner at Oceanview Estates Winery and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

I'm sorry for your bad experience, but in fariness to reality, 80% of the tables were filled on a day that we normally have 20-30 people. We served 75 people on a day that we had 18 booked. Since it was People's day for the exhibition we had only two bookings, so the number of people who visited was totally unexpected. Everyone was told the situation and the best was done.
I hope with the multitude of positive reviews and our rating overall people will not judge us on this day. It would be great if people could book in advance so we can manage the day properly. It is difficult to cope with over 50 walk-ins.
I would love to offer you a bottle of wine if youwould like to experience the way we usually operate. Please give me a call on 3425 3900 to arrange a booking.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Brilliant, great food and wine... Love it.Love it.Love it.Love it.Love it.Love it.Love it.Love it.Love it.Love it.Love it.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Terrible over priced food, the Eye Fillet was like boot leather, you couldn't complain about the service because there was none, I will never go back, just waisted $90..

1  Thank Glen a

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience. The beef dish you are talking about is one of our most highly rated dish called Beef Two Ways. It is served a a souvide eye fillet, lightly grilled(unless ordered as well-done) of premium quality which we pay top dollar for. The second type is a slow cooked beef ribs and this meet is amazing. Either cut is impossible to destroy and the feedback from the multitudes is amazing and never take it off the menu.
I think this really comes down to personal taste and clearly having a bad service experience which I am really upset about as that is such a focus for us and constant training of staff takes place to always improve what we are doing.
I would really like to offer you a complimentary bottle of wine when you visit us next and try something worthy of all the amazing reviews and awards we are getting. Call me on 3425 3900 to book.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great choice for my birthday treat - wine tour, lunch and fabulous wines and finish off with relaxing massages - Perfect !! Thanks to Anne-Maree and all, can't wait to come back

Reviewed July 8, 2014

It was my choice to visit Ocean View winery with our regular group of friends for Sunday lunch and was very embarrassed. The meal was quite nice but the service was terrible, they were all over us when we arrived and then we hardly saw the waitress again. Our meals took ages to arrive and when we asked politely about the delay she was not happy at all. When we arrived there was only about 4 tables dining but we still had to wait for an hour for our mains and in the meantime the restaurant filled up and smaller tables were being served both entrees and meals before our main had even arrived. We got the feeling that because we had asked how much longer they might be, we were out to the back of the queue.
Once again, our desserts and coffee took simply ages and as we had by this stage been there about 3.5 hours and one of the couples had another commitment, we had to leave straight after our we had eaten them and the waitress made a sarcastic comment as we left about us being in a hurry.
This was my second visit here and pretty disappointing. I got the feeling that they look after their regulars but we certainly wont become part of this group!

1  Thank Vicki S