1. Selected the last Log Hut.
2. Great wilderness experience all around the camp.
3. Continues russel of the dry leaves during the night because there are many Deer, wild bore, some Sambars and 1 or 2 Barking deer (which never come close to the camp) all around the area.
With so many eyes on the alert you get to here many alarm calls during the night and especially before dawn which always continue right till the time one leaves for the morning Safari.
4. Small tourism zone and one might feel we are travelling in the same area time and again (good for the wild life though as there is very less disturbance) but the sighting is good enough and the forest churns some or the other surprise - In our 4 trips we saw Bear, Elephants, Bison, Sambar (Spotted and the Barking deer are every where), Missed a family of Tigers (may be within few minutes time) as they walked ahead of us and into an area which is a non-tourism zone. Jungle was still resonating with all sorts of alarm calls as we watched from the border of the tourism limit.
5. Great location for birding. Tip: To watch smaller species of Birds, don't try too hard - Just stay at the dining hall (01:30 till 03:00) and turn towards the bird bath that created. U will go crazy... i counted 14 species of birds interacting within themselves, in just 30 minutes.
6. Food is really simple and very tasty - Staff ready to cook what you want. Staff is very supportive, kind and ever so helpful.
7. I felt it was (no... IT REALLY IS!) expensive when you compare safari and the guided trek - these should simply and at least be the double of what they are now. Believe this is a really extreme measure taken up by the govt in restricting the tourists or the tourism zone - Especially on those who have a genuine interest and well aware of the rules of Nature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The inimitable rush of untamed terrain - gorges, valleys, forests and swirling, swollen and frothing white water: that's what the Kali Adventure Camp at Dandeli is about. A sprawling bungalow on the banks of the majestic Kali River, this wilderness camp is all about making a connection with nature. Take a walk down the wild side and discover just how invigorating it can be. Discover the sheer adrenalin rush of being alive. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- k Gudi Wilderness Camp Hotel Yelandur