Excellent place comfortable accomodation and great people skills. Caretaker was patient with our requests.
Infrastucture & garden is good.But the service is poor.Foods are very bad taste n quality, need to improve.water not available many times,TV/DTH not working. No water for the water purifier n washing machine.MOst of the time there is negative answer from the sevice provider person.Manpower is less to serve or to take care.
We had visited Devrai farmhouse with a family(6 adults & 1 Dog). The farmhouse in has 2 bedrooms, a dining table, kitchen area and a living room with Tv. Both the bedrooms are equipped with Ac. They have maintained the house very well. There are lot of trees surrounding the farmhouse and it feels good to sit back and enjoy in nature. They have that famous beach side net swings in the garden.
The care taker are very polite and good, but are lazy sometimes.
It's a perfect getaway house for a family from the boring city- scapes.
The owners were very helpful and informative about the issues that we might face there. (only Idea & Docomo has proper range). But we didn't mind that because it's so pleasant to stay away from office mails for while.
Good place, will definitely visit again on some special occasion with family.
Cheers Team Devrai. :) :)
I had very high expectations before getting to Devrai. The hosts sent detailed information of getting there and were greeted well by the owners, however that's where it ended.
We were in for a surprise since there were only fans in the cottages which did not help beat the heat since there was voltage fluctuation. The speed was at its optimum post 1:30am,, however by then the rooms were like a furnace. There was electricity outage early morning at 6am and there was no back up. The caretakers were least interested in providing us a cup of tea which was requested at 7am and we then had to go to a nearby restaurant for tea and breakfast.
Overall a disappointing experience since we were there to spend quality time with family and the kids had to sweat it out in their sleep.
You guys have a long way to go before making Devrai a great place to be recommended.
I will mention what we liked and what we did not like. This is very much unbiased review.
What we liked :
1. Kashid beach is very near
2. Affordable place
3. mango tree, dogs to play with, care taker is polite
What we did not like :
1. voltage issue: We had booked room with fan. In some other room whenever the people staying there used to turn on the AC, our fan speed used to considerably decrease. This made our stay horrible with lot of heat and sweating. No point in booking this room unless and until owner solves this issue.
2. Network issue: We did not get airtel as well as vodafone's network for entire day we stayed. Major disappointment for location of this place.
2. Rooms are very small and looks very old. Desperately need painting.
3. Do not ask the caretaker to cook the food for you..average thali and for Rs.290 we got extremely small piece of fish in thali..very disappointing as in Alibag we were expecting much better fish thali. Also, dining table for lunch was not clean while we sat for lunch.
4. Locking our room was a big headache as there is some issue with lock and to lock the door you have to life the door first.
5. Only advantage of location of this place is beach is near. Otherwise you will get easily bored. As you come out of the place you get connected to road with high speed cars. Not much to walk around.
Overall, I would rate our experience 1 out of 5.
My family (self, wife and 6 yr daughter) stayed at Devrai for 2 nights earlier in March 2017. First the positives:
• The owner was extremely prompt in the booking. He also rescheduled my booking as I had to travel on the originally planned dates of stay.
• Along with the invoice he also sent a detailed route to the farm house and also enquired about our return journey back home, which was nice.
• Property (bunglow and 2 cottages)on the whole is good for a nice relaxing stay.
• Location of the property is excellent, close to Korlai beach and fort, Birla mandir, not very far from Kashid.
• Property was clean and maintained reasonably well.
• Almost all the photos shown on the site are those of the bunglow and not of the cottages. While the bungalow seemed to be extremely spacious, the cottage is essentially a small bedroom and an attached bathroom. Can be small even for a small family like ours. Also, due to the mosquitoes, all the windows had to be kept shut at night. Without the AC it could be difficult to sleep for some and some may find it suffocating.
• The caretaker needs to put in more effort on cleaning the tables and property, especially after lunch / dinner. We had dinner one night and the plates were on the table outside. At night the “inhouse dogs ransacked” the dustbin and the cutlery and waste was all over the garden.
• While three hammocks are in place, only two were in a good condition. Difficult to get a hammock, when the property is occupied by 10 to 13 people, as we found out on the second day.
Overall, it’s a great place for a weekend of relaxing, away from the dust and pollution of the city; if you can compromise on a few things. I personally dont mind visiting again...
Good place to stay. The owner and the caretaker both supported us in all respect. Thank you for taking care before and after the journey.