“Gone Fishin'”

Coastal Coffee
Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Whitehead
Cuisines: International
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Fish, peas and chips, very good, filling, very cheap. There is a takeaway fish and chip shop called The Avenue just down the road, but I like to sit and eat and talk at a table. Had some mint choc chip ice cream to go in a wee tub. Great place to get some grub. Love it. Now with outdoor seating. They do movie hire. Staff very friendly.

1  Thank Steveodo

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had a lovely mini fry and my husband had a full Ulster fry here recently. It was very friendly and well decorated for Halloween, see my photos. I hear they are now serving crepes and I will be taking my children along soon. Well worth a visit for a cuppa if you are visiting Whitehead to walk around it's breathtaking coastal walks. Also, very good value for money and a broad menu.

2  Thank J_C_053
Reviewed October 8, 2013

went for a coffee and some of the famous Phoo Bear ice cream, the coffee was good but was really disappointed in the ice cream. Little or no honeycomb in their famous flagship ice cream

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Small cafe type. Good for a quick bite to eat or icecream. Very busy when we visited and it took a while to be served but the staff were nice because we had kids with us. Will be back.

1  Thank ellymayBelfast
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Their fish is very good, the batter is just right, not too thick. The meal was very nice all round. On another visit I just got a little tub of Iced Cream to walk about the town with. It was not as expensive as I had expected. The toilet is clean, although its a bit of an adventure to find your winding way back through to the shop again! They have a TV set up on the wall. They have a brand new seating area outside now. I think they stopped cooking pizzas.

1  Thank Mavis B