“Best Pecan Pie Ever!”

Coffee and Cream
Ranked #3 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Whitehead
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Best Pecan Pie Ever!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I were in Whitehead in October 2013, and he went back in January 2014. Both times Coffee and Cream served what my husband says is the best pecan pie he has ever had! In October I had delicious chocolate cake and tea. Both my cake and his pie were served with fresh whipped cream. I had taken a couple of bites of my cake when our server, which I believe was the owner's son, brought a small bowl of vanilla ice cream to me. When I asked about it, he told me he thought the cake was a little dry and that I might appreciate having the ice cream with it. Who does that?? Wonderful people and lovely place!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Sherry T

whitehead
“Coffee and cream and so much more”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Had full lunch of Chicken Goujons with chilli sauce and salad and chips .Partner had the very meaty lasagne and a side of creamy champ. Superb home cooked food at very reasonable cost. I finished her lasagne as it was so plentiful. Left very satisfied after a long latte each.Top drawer!!

• Visited January 2014
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,204 helpful votes
“Great soup, giant pies...”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Called in for a snack. There were two of us, and we disagree about the changed recipe for the lasagna. It now has a little bit of chili added. I like that, the lady with me doesn't. Today they had no lasagna, so it didn't matter. We both had the mushroom soup, and it was very good. It stayed hot for ever. Nice crusty bread with it. Excellent service. Fresh flowers growing in their outdoor area. There's even a picnic area, if u have kids or dogs. They make fantastically deep pies.

Then we took a wander around the glorious conservation area, and continued out onto Black Head path where we watched dolphins. A great day!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Steveodo
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“Great food,but!!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I would have given five stars had I not discovered local council (Carrickfergus) gave it 1 out of 5 stars for hygiene.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank nibbers43
Holywood, United Kingdom
“Brilliant venue and friendly staff for the discerning”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've visited several times and never been disappointed. Unpretentious, honest, good food. Great scones, cooked breakfasts and Italian coffee. Staff warmly welcome everyone and there is a great mix of people young and old who use it. The scrambled egg must use 6 eggs!!! There is a great garden where you can sit in the summer with the butter flies. There is a Garage nearby with VW campers and Motorbikes - Dads will love it. Well worth returning to.

• Visited October 2013