“Loved it.”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
3 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Bunutan, Karangasem, Bali

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 73 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chinese (Simplified) first
Nickolas...
Melbourne, Australia
“Loved it.”
Reviewed March 5, 2012 for a stay in February 2012

After over 4 months of intensive travelling around Asia, I was lucky enough to treat myself to a few nights of well needed pampered rest and relaxation and Katana Villa truly delivered. Having only three ornately decorated rooms that can appear reminiscing of a Bali art museum, this resort came more across to me as a delightful home stay from Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, catering to me with delicious food, drink, transportation, and any inquiries I had of activities in the area. The location is perfectly centred in Amed and close to restaurants, diving and snorkelling as well as a place to head off on a fast boat to the Gili Islands. It is not surprising for me to hear that there are guests that return regularly to this bit of Bali paradise each year. I hope to someday be one on that list as well.

Traveling group: Solo
Mar 14, 2012
It is rare when we get solo travelers since Katana is so big - but when it happens we are always pleased. We look forward to see you again - and next time bring some friends!! Thanks a lot for the nice review and photo.... we always appreciate them !
Karenjh72
Perth, Australia
“WOW!”
Reviewed March 4, 2012 for a stay in February 2012

WOW What a fabulous place Katana Villa is, the place is magical, views of the mountains and the ocean are breathtaking! The facilities are top notch and you are really made to feel at home. The pool and grotto or cubby as our 2 yr old called it is amazing and then there's the water slide! Leslie is such a pleasure to deal with, she is so friendly and helpful and responded quickly to all of my questions. The staff are all wonderful and were happy to help whenever they could. We stayed for 7 nights and had slipped into ultra relaxed holiday mode in record time (just a couple of days) We would love to come back but next time for a couple of weeks.

Mar 14, 2012
Thanks! One would think a hidden pool grotto (or cubby) would be romantic...but ours is also exciting for children to explore! We are glad you enjoyed it and we look forward to having you back!
kent5549
chicago
“Katana is the vision of a child, realised with the patience of an adult.”
Reviewed January 27, 2012 for a stay in January 2012
people found this review helpful

What an enchanting jewel box Leslie created at Katana. I had fairly high
expectations after looking at the website, but nothing could have prepared
me for the explosion of creativity.

On my first morning, with my eyes full of dream dust, I made myself a cup
of tea and spent an hour or so snooping around, taking it all in.
Everywhere I looked I found the most magical details, some strong and bold,
demanding your attention, others so subtle and delicate you have to seek
them out, like buried treasure.

The house is fabulous, but it is in the gardens that everything really
comes together, and at the heart of your garden is water... water
everywhere; bubbling out of urns, trickling down walls, shooting playfully
out of grotesque faces into lazy pools where turtles and fish hide in the
shade. After lunch i sat at the pools edge, closed my eyes and just
listened for a
while. Each fountain joined in with it's neighbour, merged together with
the soft twittering of birds, and transported me, suspended above this
garden of eden.

Anyone can hire an Architect and throw money at a house, but this rarely
succeeds. The thing that makes Katana so special is that Leslie took the
time to dream, time to experiment, try things, change things, and had a bit of
fun. These, I believe, are the foundations of true creativity and the key
to her success.

Katana is the vision of a child, realised with the patience of an adult.
It's a delicious combination and provides a welcome relief from
this sterilized world of flat packs and concrete boxes.

With much gratitude and admiration, I highly recommend Katana Villa…

Traveling group: Solo
Dec 6, 2012
Reading this review brought tears to my eyes ... if fact I did respond right away but somehow it was never posted.... sorry about that! It is so true what you said about being the vision of a child with the patience of an adult because that is exactly how I felt while working with the architect, I was like a child in a playhouse with the opportunity to create whatever I wanted... so all my childhood fantasies came out and the architect (Etha) understood me well and realized my dreams for me... and voila! Katana was created. thank you for enjoying and appreciating it's unique qualities.
Constance...
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“an oasis of peace”
Reviewed December 15, 2011 for a stay in October 2011

We stayed for a week at Katana Villa and found it was a wonderful island of respite. The villas are each full of artistic whimsical features that added to the joy of being there and the clean and well maintained rooms to the feeling of a luxurious vacation. The staff was so helpful and were able to take care of our crawling toddling baby while we ate breakfast. Our group included a young couple with a baby and two sets of grandparents, so we each had different needs. The staff prepared special meals for the baby and we ordered in from local restaurants at times. The mopeds were fun and handy to get to snorkel sites and to shop and go to restaurants. The swimming pool a great place to relax in the afternoon.

Jan 6, 2012
It was such a joy to have your family with us. And now we have an elevated baby bed! Hopefully it will continue to be of good use! As for the staff at Katana Villa; they are simply the best!
lisa94553
martinez, california
“Everything you could ask for in Bali”
Reviewed November 28, 2011 for a stay in October 2011
person found this review helpful

We stayed a week at Katana while diving and exploring the area and loved it. The staff were wonderful and went out of their way to provide the little extras that made our stay even more enjoyable. The motorscooters were super handy and a great way to get around town. Staying in Amed was so much nicer that our initial stop in Nusa Dua, the area is very relaxed and unpretentious. Good restuarants are a short walk or ride away and the diving and snorkeling in the area was superb. For divers one of the nicest features of Katana is the massage gazebo where you can get a post-dive massage in privacy. The other reviewers have summarized this place well, it is unlike any other and a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation.

Traveling group: Couples
Maryanne...
Australia
“Spellbound by Her Magic !”
Reviewed October 27, 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Booking Katana ~

The wonderful owner of Katana (Leslie) was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Prompt warm emails returned , to work out our dates. Nothing was too much hassle. And after watching a "YouTube" tour of the villa, that Leslie takes you thru , it just wets you appetite , to want to stay there ! :)

Drove from SEMINYAK ~

Up to AMED. Great drive , stops on the way. Great scenery. Good photos taken.
Arrived AMED. Found Katana (up its steep drive way) tuck away , in a peaceful location.

Villa Decor ~

If you are wanting state of the art, clean lines , stainless steel , sterile , "cookie-cut" Villa , book somewhere else.!!!!!
"Katana" is wild ! Crazy , wonderfully mad, electric , funky, unique decor ! I adored it.Full of color, oranges, vermilion reds, turquoise,purples, yellows ! Insane. It has personality , its a blend of miss matched furniture & pieces collected along the way, by Leslie. And it all just marries togehter so well , as if it has been there forever ! It was like been on the of a set Tarzan & Jane movie. Its total fantasy. My kids loved it , as I did. Unique, only to, what is the magic of Katana.
But , all your 5 star comforts have not been forgotten. Big screen TVs, King comfy beds, cool linens, throw rugs (plenty), stunning, chic, luxury sofa (in the family suite ) my kids chilled out there watching DVDs.
Water pressure great in all showers, Hot water , plenty,
Staff ~
What do I say here !???~ Wayan we miss you already. Dear sweet , patient Wayan.
Special man. Loved having him quietly go about his jobs/duties at the villa. He was a pleasure to see every morning. Smiley face ,ready to 5 star serve our breakfast. Along with Made, Iloh,Eka.
And villa manageress , the charming, magnetic Made S., & her daughter Wenni. The whole crew there are , beyond words, wonderful.

The POOL~

OMG! It was like diving into a fresh mountain stream every morning. To start other day in paradise, roll out of bed & dive , naked ,into that pool . How I miss it!!!. With its quirky grotto, waterfall & slide !
Surrounded with water fountains & water sounds everywhere.

How I am missing my late nite Bintang, from the balcony of the mysterious Master Suite.
Looking out to sea where pretty diamonds danced on the ocean, underneath a dreamy, milky Bali moon.

To all at "Katana" & beautiful Leslie, my family wish you good Bali luck. Till we return . A big TerimaKash & lots of hugs :)

Maryanne & family (Australia)

Nov 3, 2011
Hi M, We loved reading your review. It is always a joy to read everyone's feelings during their time at Katana Villa. I wish I was there to meet you in person, although I must say that I do feel I know you well enough by now, as you express yourself very well in writing! Everyone speaks as highly of you as you do of them. It was a joy to have you and your kids with us! We look forward to your return, but next time I want to plan it (if we can) when I'm there also. I would love nothing more than to sit on that balcony with you, drinking a cold bintang and enjoying the beautiful ocean view! Cheers! L
Renee F
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful Bali experience!”
Reviewed October 1, 2011 for a stay in April 2011
person found this review helpful

As soon as we arrived at the front entrance of the Katana Villa we knew it was "PARADISE" no other words to describe it. Best vacation yet!! My husband, my son & daughter & I spent one week there and it was great although we wished we could have stayed longer!! We were welcomed with warm friendly smiles as well as Lei's made from fresh smelling Frangipanis placed around our necks. The Katana was so spacious and it was all ours ;) far better than some hotels and villas we have stayed at. The decor was so balinese and beautiful & my kids loved the pool & the grotto. Made, Wayan and the rest of the staff were outstanding and so friendly and made you feel so comfortable and at home :) Waenis Restaurant was our very favourite place to eat and it was great because they would deliver to the Katana for you if you did not feel like dining out. Made was wonderful and drove us wherever we wanted to go in Bali even if it was a couple of hours away! :) Thank-you Made, Wayan & all who made our holiday at the Katana a very memorable one! And special thanks to Leslie for all her help in booking our holiday at her lovely villa! Missing everyone and cannot wait to return to the Katana Villa!!!!! And must not forget Geisha & Shuto! :)
Bob, Renee, Jarrad & Jenna Forsyth <3

Oct 20, 2011
Hi Renee & family, Thank you for the nice review! Our entire staff truly enjoyed your time at the Villa, and we just got the email that you wanted to come this month with your family again, but we are unfortunately already booked for that time. We are really sad to miss you this time around!! Please remember to reserve with us 4-6 months in advance - especially for high season.
Wishing you all the best! Cheers!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing