“Very Disappointing”
Review of Radix Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mayaro
Radix Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Mayaro B&B and Inns
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This establishment seems to spend little effort on keeping the rooms clean and updated. We rented a two bedroom apartment and what a disappointing experience it was.
1. The sheets on the bed were extremely thin, there was one blanket on each bed and at 5ft 1in inche I had to sleep in a fetal position to get my body covered, the blanket was so short
2. The air condition regardless of what temperature you thought you were setting it at came on very cold, so at night a blanket was definitely needed. It also stopped and started so loudly that every time it started it woke me from sleep, so I hardly slept during my stay
3. The walls are paper thin so you hear all the loud music and conversation well into the late hrs.
4. The bedroom had no windows
5. The utensils in the Kitchen were old and dirty; can opener that does not work, knife broken and dull unable to cut anything, fridge old and with a very bad smell
6. Two young kids cut their feet in the pool on broken tiles and the pool needed cleaning
7. The toilet smelled especially during the night
8. My personal opinion is that the establishment primarily caters for the locals and does not seem to think they warrant the same high standards of cleanliness and comfort that would be afforded a foreigner. I will certainly never stay here again. What an extremely disappointing place.
On a positive note
a. I have to say however that the staff did respond to the many request made by us to improve the comfort and cleanliness of the room, however we should NOT have needed to make these requests.
b. The kid enjoyed playing with the Monkeys
c. The location afforded easy access to the beach

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank Judy p

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Radix Resort is a very out dated hotel. I would not reccommend it to people who are use to American hotels. I would compare it to an old motel to be honest. I am not trying to purposely down the hotel, but I had such a horrible experience, that I would really want other travelors to know before they go so they won't be just as disappointed. When I first arrived, I very shocked thay they had actual shopping carts to carry our luggage to our rooms. As I entered my room, I noticed a very strong odor that burned my nose. It smelled like cat urine and moth balls. We notified the superviser who also agreed that the smell was so horrible that they made us move to another room. But unfortunately they didn't have a key to the room, so they literally had to take a butter knife to unlock the room. I was kind of nervous safety wise how it was so easy to unlock the doors to our room with a butter knife. Especially since I was traveling with my children. Anyways, the rooms have very out dated furniture, I say its furniture from about the 70s. Also, the kitchen is very out dated too. I definetly didnt trust cooking on the pots, pans, and appliance there because it looked like it hasn't been cleaned for years. Also, old spoiled food was left in my refridgerator from the previous visitor. The beds definetly needs updating. They have thin mattresses with very thin bedding and sheets. The covers and bedding arent plush like American hotels where you just want to immediately jump on the bed. The bedding is just outdated and old. I highly recommend you bring your own wash towels because face towels to wash your face/body arent provided. The showers and toilets are also old and rusty so bringing flip flops or sandals is a must or else you'll be standing on nasty floor. Trust me, I am not a picky person at all, but just staying in the room made me feel dirty. Although the rooms are not the best, the staff is amazing. They're so friendly and nice. I just loved them. And when we would have a problem or need, they would be there in no time ! We definitely were their main priority if there was an issue and I really appreciate them so much. Also, having the instant beach front access is breath taking. But I don't know, maybe since I'm from America, my views of nice hotels are different. I would definetly not reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013
8 Thank Hunter20002

Travelers are raving about these Mayaro hotels

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

hotel located in Mayaro. hotel is situated quite convenient for amenities if you have a car,however little shops are located within 5 minutes walk that you can almost buy any necessities.
this hotel is located on the beach front, the grounds are well kept . there is a good size pool . there is a good choice of tables and benches around the grounds for eating or relaxing.
check is good, reception staff quite friendly. you don't have to wait very long for the room. car park located opposite the hotel across the road.
the rooms are quite a good size with each room containing a double bed and single bed (small beds have very thin mattress and very uncomfortable)
the bathroom in the flat can do with some work with the shower head needing to be replaced.
there is air condition, but no control of the temperature for any room.,
the kitchen can also do with some improvement and better quality of crockery
but for a hotel that is located in Mayaro this was a good standard of hotel..
good rates for big families

Room Tip: request beachfront apartments, no extra cost