“Stay regularly here - it's fine!!”

Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chilworth
Milton Keynes
“Stay regularly here - it's fine!!”
Reviewed November 8, 2006

Well it all depends on your point of view.....I stay here twice a year when I work in Southampton (easy access but in the country). The grounds are lovely (I don't recognise the wild and unkempt bit in the previous reviews!!). In Spring the rhodendrons are great. Now, it is a hotel that survives on the business trade, so you get conferences and people like me. But as a lone woman business traveller, it is great. The old house is lovely and last year the magnificent Christmas tree in Nov was fab! When my son came with me, they put him up on an extra bed easily and he liked it too. The bar is in the atrium and fine (I never buy champers). The staff in the restaurant are great, and the food very good indeed. The bedrooms are in a newer wing and like all hotels they vary, but I have never had anything that was not clean and comfortable.

It's not the hotel for a magical romantic weekend break maybe. If you need access to Southampton, it's great. so stop moaning people!

• Liked — The situation
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BoldlyGO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Polish first
gwent
Reviewed November 4, 2006

Chilworth Manor is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. It has a warm welcoming atmosphere, good food, friendly staff and splendid well appointed rooms, I enjoyed views from my room of well tended gardens. There was a wedding taking place while I was there - you could only tell because people were wearing buttonholes! I wonder could there be two Chilworth Manors as my experience of the hotel differs so much from reviews previously posted! I have to save hard from a very tight budget to be able to take weekends breaks and I rarely go back to a hotel unless it is first class. I will definitely stay at Chilworth Manor again.

• Liked — room size/cleanliness
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Tips/Secrets — not much to do in the area
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank elmojoe
Chepstow
Reviewed October 30, 2006

My friend and I have just spent the most relaxing weekend at Chilworth Manor Hotel. Warm welcome, superb service and hospitable staff ( and very approachable) Everything about this place was wonderful.
When I think we almost didn't go because we had read reviews on Trip Advisor which weren't so good. People talked of damp rooms and not so friendly staff. This only goes to show that you must try things out for yourself as this certainly wasn't our experience. We will definately be booking again.

Stayed October 2006
1 Thank Pauline18
Guernsey
Reviewed September 20, 2006

The only good thing about this hotel is its website. It flatters itself and misrepresents in every way. We stayed one night. The building may once have been a grand house, but now it is in need of a complete facelift. The carpets are threadbare, there is a lingering smell of damp and beer, the bedroom heating is an electric wall heater, the carpets are threadbare, the rooms are very small and the double bed was about the size of a large single bed. I asked for a glass of champagne at the bar and was told that you can't buy a glass of champagne. The place is faded and past its sell by date. It is also extraordinarily expensive for what it is - it cost us £216 for one night with an indifferent dinner. You would get much better all round at a Travel Lodge for less than half the price. The grounds are wild and I suspect that no gardener has been eomployed for years. So beware, don't go there until they do what they should do and shut it for several months while they spend huge sums of money bringing it up to modern standards. When I mentioned my views as I paid my comments were greeted with a shrug. I believe it survives on conferences. It is truly appalling.

Stayed August 2006
4 Thank TimChesney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilworth
Grand Harbour Hotel
Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Solent Hotel & Spa
Solent Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Whiteley

Been to Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!