The hotel is set in very attractive grounds which are well maintained.
On arrival we were dealt with in an efficient manner and were given detailed directions on how to find our room. We duly found it despite the strange room numbering system, why are rooms in the 200 series on floor one and those in the 300 series on floor two?
Our room was very disappointing, very small and scruffy. The carpet was very grubby. As we subsequently found, the bed was awful. Very hard and uncomfortable, one of the worst nights we have ever spent in an hotel. By comparison, Travelodge rooms are larger more comfortable and cleaner and at about half the price are certainly far better value.
We used the leisure centre which was very good. Clean and well looked after.
We had breakfast in the morning. The food was fine. This was let down by the attitude of the numerous surly members of the waiting staff. The self service beverage station had run out of Earl Grey tea bags ( quite why staff failed to see this is beyond me). I asked if the container could be replenished, this was grudgingly done. I was left waiting for several minutes with no idea whether or not my request was being dealt with. Eventually a non smiling member of staff thrust 3 tea bags into my hand without comment or apology. We then went through the same pantomime with sweeteners.
Some of the plates at the self servery had not been properly washed and still had food residues on them.
Whilst I was waiting I chatted to a mature lady who wanted her tea in a cup and saucer. She asked a member of staff if she might have one. She was given one but the attitude was very condescending.
All in all the breakfast experience coupled with the poor quality and expensive room mean that this hotel is definitely a no go for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor Hotel lies just 4 miles from Southampton, amongst 12 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds. Right next door to a conservation area, this wonderful retreat is worlds away, but not far away, from the city centre. An Edwardian Manor house, the hotel is an ideal place to get away from it all and is particularly peaceful for romantic breaks! Though close to Southampton city centre and port, and the transport links that take you there, we think you'll find more than enough to keep you occupied here at the hotel. Why not work out in our state-of-the-art leisure facilities, or treat yourself to some quality time in our spa?****FREE WIFI ***** FREE CAR PARKING ***** FREE USE OF HEALTH CLUB***** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel Southampton
- Chilworth Manor Southampton
- Chilworth Manor Hotel Southampton