“Overnight Stay with Family”

BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chilworth
Forres, United Kingdom
“Overnight Stay with Family”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Excellent value for money. The hotel is conveniently located for Southampton/Winchester. It is a stunning building in splendid surroundings. The evening meal was good value and all the staff (reception, bar, and restaurant were friendly and professional.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

ChilworthManor, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Malcolm C,

Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel, I was delighted with your comments, especially your remarks about the BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor being excellent value for money.

I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

We hope to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Stephen Marriott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Great hotel. Friendly staff. Rooms are basic and could probably do with a decorate but are not unpleasant in any way and the bed was comfortable and room was clean. Lovely grounds also. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Beckels,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was thrilled to learn you felt we were a ‘great hotel’ and you had a comfortable and pleasant stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor again in the near future.

Southampton
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I took my mum here for her 60th birthday as a surprise.. The staff were exceptional, nothing was too much trouble .. The room we stayed in for 3 nights was room 320- it was perfect- good size plenty of room.. Nice comfortable furnishings and very clean and felt homely!.. I had arranged a surprise cream tea for friends to attend on one afternoon to which was ready on time and very well presented- cakes/sandwiches etc looked very delicious and it didn't disappoint us!! Again service was fabulous and they kept filling it up (food/tea etc) without us having to ask once !;-) very organised .. I had also booked a spa day which again was absolutely fantastic- we had 4 treatments by very warm and welcoming staff making my mum feel like a million dollars!- balloons/champers were there for her arrival and personalised itinerary to which she loved!- the Health Club manager Kris Hillary had all this arranged to perfection (we had conversations prior to arriving)- his attention to detail and warm welcoming made our day- he even checked on us whilst were were in the pool to ensure everything was ok- and his warm but professional approach obviously rubs off on his staff as they too were brilliant and worked to a very high standard! (We are fussy!) the girls were fab and made mums day ... I has also at ages for a surprise meal - the head waiter Mo - right from the word go showed how committed he was to ensuring everything went to plan!- from placing decorations on the table/ family guests seated and placing them by the tree so mum would see them on the way to her meal!- food and service was fabulous and again nothing was to much trouble - someone needed a cushion/fan etc this was done without query or hesitation !! Food was out altogether and tasty! Mo was brilliant bringing it altogether .. The manager steve was also great the ought our stay ensuring we had everything we needed!- anyway- I hope this shows what a great time we had and or everyone to see!! (I would write in but public won't see that!- thanks to all at Chilworth Manor you were great! We will be back ;-)

• Stayed December 2013
ear Rachelwartnaby,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, the team will really appreciate your comments.

We all enjoyed looking after your party and we are delighted it went so well.

Please do come back and visit again soon.

Fife Scotland
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Wanted to try alternative hotel offering parking and transfer to cruise terminal. Family party requiring five rooms, all the rooms were of various standards, one had to be changed due to strong smell of smoking by previous resident. Rooms of basic style, but plenty of space and clean.
Evening meal and breakfast average.
Car parking is slightly shambolic you just park where you find a space in the grounds, not secure, hotel will not even keep your keys, I asked what happens if car alarm goes off, answer ' your battery will go flat'.
When we returned from cruise two weeks later people standing waiting on spaces to park their cars.
On a positive note the taxi firm hotel uses for transfer from hotel to docks and return we're very efficient.

Stayed October 2013
Dear postcard13,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent pre cruise stay at the hotel.

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay overall and you found the bedrooms both comfortable and clean.

With respect to our parking, we advertise the package you chose as having un-secured parking. Once our Pre cruise parking bays are full we do use other parking areas within the hotel grounds. Due to insurance limitations we have never accepted guest car keys. Our onsite parking and the tremendous saving this offers travellers have always proven very popular.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The hotel is, as you can guess from its name, located in what was once a manor house; thus it is not your average modern hotel, but rather old fashioned and much more beautiful. Our room was in need of re-decoration, but it was comfortable and had everything we needed. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble for the staff, which was just as well since one of the bedside lamps wasn't working when we arrived! (This was put right immediately I reported it). Breakfast was, disappointingly, DIY but apart from the fried eggs which had congealed and looked like the plastic eggs you get in practical joke kits, it was well cooked and tasty. Jam, marmalade and honey were all available, in large pots on the toast table - you can imagine how sticky the pots and their spoons could (and did!) become after a very short time.

Room Tip: The hotel is set in beautifully kept grounds and I would imagine that all the views are good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jennifer P,

Many thanks for your review of the hotel, I am pleased you found the grounds and the manor beautiful and our team helpful throughout your stay.

I am sorry to learn you found breakfast slightly disappointing; we have recently improved our breakfast offer to include a selection of coffees, more breads and fruits. It is something both the AA inspector and BEST WETSERN auditor have made positive comments about recently.

I hope you will return again in the future where I’m sure you will enjoy a lovely breakfast.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I recently organised an event in a private function room at Chilworth Manor for a relatives 80th birthday. There were fourteen of us in attendance of all ages and different food tastes, so it was important to find a place that could cater for all of our needs; there were vegetarians present and we ranged in age from four-year-olds to 80-year-olds. I must say that this was a fantastic night. The staff were impressively professional and maintained the perfect mix of being attentive and ever-present, as well as giving us our privacy and time needed to celebrate. Claudio was in charge of the function was brilliant: I highly reccomend him. The sales team, were also very helpful in organising the event and always kept me up-to-date and were always more than happy to help if I needed to make amendments to the night; for example we pushed back the event start time by an hour and this was not a problem.

The highlight of the night was the food, however. There must be a talented team of chefs working at this hotel as the menu was innovative, yet it managed to maintain a traditional feel. There was not one complaint amongst the guests and there really was a good selection. The children's menu was fantastic and really fairly priced, and the food consumed by us adults was exquisite; I had an English meat antipasti board for starter, and pork belly for main course; both were brilliant. The tastes are well thought out and compliment each other! I was informed that they change there menus regularly so I will look forward to returning in the new year for a new menu. I cannot wait to see what the chef has up his sleeve.

None of us stayed at the hotel so I cannot comment about the rooms but I will conclude by saying that in terms of our experience with the food and staff at this hotel then I'd say it is second-to-none in Southampton and is definitely worth a visit! We will be back for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jake T,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of your recent experience at the hotel.

I was delighted to learn that such a special family event went so well and was enjoyed by all who attended.

Claudio has been with us for many years and I know he will be delighted with your comments.

We hope you and your family will return to the hotel again in the near future for more celebrations.

Stephen Marriott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilworth
Grand Harbour Hotel
Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13
Solent Hotel & Spa
Solent Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Whiteley

Been to BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor? Share your experiences!