Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
$108
$100
$84
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel(Guildford)(Great Value!)
$69
PremierInn.com
Godalming Hotel(Godalming)
$84
$58
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
1,549 results
All reviewslovely groundshealth clublovely hotelevening mealnew forestcountry housemain buildingcoffee machinesteam roompre cruise stayleisure centrespa facilitiesrelaxing breakwaiting staffan overnight stayafternoon teastayed for one night
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I booked a one night stay on the 8th December at the Best Western Chilworth Manor and expected great things from this hotel. It was my boyfriend’s birthday so spoke to the hotel twice before arriving to make payment and to book and pay for breakfast (as it wasn’t included in the original price) and ask to be allocated a nice room. I asked for very specific things – a room in the main manor house and overlooking the gardens. So we arrived and drove up this wonderful long tree lined drive to a stunning looking manor house – very impressed. We were greeted at reception and we went to our room (313) and disappointed is an understatement. We were allocated a room in the coach house part of the hotel (which is not the main manor house), the garden view I asked for was of a wall and beyond that a road. It was very dark and dingy and the bathroom had clearly visibly mould above the shower. The glazing on the windows was very poor, so even in the daytime we had to close the curtains as they let in a draft. The first thing I did was to go back to reception and request a room move. Unfortunately due to the party there weren’t any rooms left apart from one which had two twin beds instead of a double and maybe noisy due to the party. Resigned to it we went back to hovel room 313 as we wanted to make the best of the night we booked.
We decided to eat at the hotel restaurant and when we checked in, booked a dinner slot. As Christmas parties were going on we were informed that dinner would not be held in the main dining room. We ended up in a room which in the day time would have been a conference room. They tried to put table cloths on the table, but it was clearly evident that this was not a room usually used for dining. The set up just reminded me of Christmas dinner at an old people’s home (not relating to the other guests but the room). But the food was actually really good. We had starter, main and dessert and every course was lovely. The food was reasonably priced too. The only negative point to the food was that my boyfriend found a small fragment of bullet in the local caught pheasant.
After the stay in hovel room we got up in the morning and went for breakfast. Breakfast was paid in advance at a price of £14 per head!!!!! Way overpriced for not a very good spread. For £14 worth of breakfast I was expecting more choice and quality too. Just some sausages, bacon, black pudding (under cooked), scrambled eggs, beans, toast, a little bit of cereal, plain croissants and some fruit from a tin….. It tasted ok, but personally I think £14 per person for that breakfast spread was ridiculous.
The hotel redeemed itself (slightly) by the grounds and the spa facilities. The grounds are lovely and I can imagine in summer would be absolutely stunning. We had an opportunity to use the swimming pool, sauna and steam room – again all really nice.
Basically to summarise my stay at Best Western Chilworth Manor, is to say that it was a disappointment. Looking on the Best Western website and various other sites such as booking.com and laterooms.com they have pictures of their bedrooms which vary greatly. They have wonderful rooms with a canopy bed, others that are more modern, rooms that look quite large and lovely decorated and then they have a dingy little hovel room which was like room 313. On all of these sites they do not make it clear which is a standard room, or if others cost more to stay in (I would have happily paid more not be in that room), so according to all of these sites these are all standard rooms as there is no option to book anything else. How can dirty hovel room 313 be the same price as some of the others pictured? I booked this room a few months in advance but due to the Christmas party that was happening we very much felt as if we were downgraded to second class guests. Also after speaking to the hotel twice, why did they not inform me that a party was taking place and hence the alternative arrangements? For the hotel room and breakfast I paid £109. Definitely not worth that. My advice to Best Western Chilworth Manor is to change the way your rooms are booked and make it clear what exactly they are getting!!!!! And upgrade rooms such as 313 – most guests would find the dark, damp room a disappointment regardless of how much paid…….

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in coach house rooms!!!! Horrible....
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LondonLoveTravel
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I left my blackberry behind after a meeting - and they could not have been more helpful. They packaged it and sent it to me straight away, recorded delivery - and were extremely helpful and polite - phoning my husband to assure us it was on it's way, and keeping in regular email contact with me. What I had thought was a disaster was, thanks to them, only a small inconvenience. Excellent service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights November. It a great hotel. Loved it. Very good rooms.
Will stay their again.Main area with the bar and seating is comfortable very nice view and staff are very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

You drive up through a beautiful, tree lined driveway and are greeted by a lovely old house. It gets even better when you walk through the entrance. The public areas are really impressive. Unfortunately the bedrooms were a tale of two sides. On the pro side they were spotlessly clean and well made up. There were a couple of cons. The room was freezing and needed the electric heater on all night at full power. As the cold weather is arriving,thicker duvets would have been better. The bathrooms had no heating so it was a bit cold having a bath.

One thing you couldn't fault was the staff, faultless from arrival to departure.

Breakfast was great, but the restaurant is definitely style over substance in the evening

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in Septmeber 2012.
The hotel looks very nice from the outside, and the main area with the bar and seating is comfortable. However the room I had was tiny, with old worn furnishings and the bathroom was even worse! Old tiles and ditry grout lines. It really wasnt my idea of a 'nice' hotel.
The food wasn't bad, though over priced I felt.
The second time I have been disapointed by a Best Western hotel. I won't bother paying the premium again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business