“Disappointing after other good visits”
Review of Castle Hotel

Castle Hotel
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Markfield, United Kingdom
“Disappointing after other good visits”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband and I ate here on a sunny Sunday; they were busy but the staff were friendly; after ordering our food and waiting 25mins we enquired about our order and were told it was on its way; mine was fine but my husband had ordered Mediterranan chicken and when it arrived it was mediocre and the chicken looked more like Turkey. My husband told the staff about this and was offered a complimentary coffee to recompense (they did offer to redo his meal but he declined) The staff were attentive and busy but there did not seem to be enough.
It will be a while before we return i feel.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank dudie69

leicester
“improved food in village pub”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

It had been a while since I had eaten here. I arrived unsure of the quality having had mixed experiences in the past. However I was pleaed and surprised to find that the food has improved significantly.
nice large table to accomodate our party. All starters and mains werecwell cooked and tasty.

just two things:
There are not enough staff! One lad to serve all meals, deliver drinks is not feasible. As a result, pace was slow and tables full of empty glasses
to becgreeted by smokers at main entrance , was offputting. An unpleasant, smelly start to the evening. I felt I was in the way.

nevertheless a good meal so may the improve ments continue , this part of Leicestershire needs decent food and some choice!

s:

Visited March 2014
1 Thank queenbonni
Derby, United Kingdom
“Nice lunchtime meal”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Having visited this pub a number of times for lunch, the food / service has previously been a little bit variable. On this occasion the food was very good with a wide choice on the menu. In addition to the main menu, there was also a special lunch menu with a limited number of best value options. The service was a little bit slow considering that there weren't that many people in the place, however the waiting staff were helpful and courteous.

The pub has a lovely relaxed feel whilst still being smart, and is in a lovely location. Definitely worth a try.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Karen M
“.”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Was a fantastic familly restaurant and a friendly atmosphere. Was a very busy evening and there was a wait for food but we was greeted with a smile and was looled after by the duty manager tom who seemed to be in control of the whole restaurant whilse staying calm and polite. Was a great evening and I will return with friends and family

“Above average pub grub ”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Yeah, nice food - in a nice village,
Worth. Visit. We have been a few times and not been let down. Recommended for a decent pub meal,