“Awful!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Bowdon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My family all went yesterday. Most had Sunday dinners, which were poor to say the least. The roast beef came swimming in thick dark brown gravy, which was more like chippy gravy and so did the gammon! Disgusting!! Will never go back or recommend to anyone. The pub it's self ok, very very disappointing.

Date of visit: November 2013

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Came to the griffin for a family get together, we didn't book but we're gladly welcomed and shown to a lovely table even though our group was fairly large (8people) there was a great range on the menu I chose the cheese on toast and a side salad as heavily pregnant didn't fancy a big meal! I couldn't believe the quick thinking of the waitress when she came back almost immediately to tell me that the cheese was un pasteurised. I was so impressed that she would go this extra mile for me! She served us throughout out visit and she was simply brilliant, so polite and helpful and nothing was too much for her!! Even when my 5 year old asked for more French mustard!! (Strange I know)! I wish there was some way through the company that I could express how impressed I was with this girl, can't remember her name but she was quite small with brown hair tied to the side (she wore a skirt) and she made our visit perfect! So thankyou to you!! Will definitely return again!

Date of visit: October 2013
1  Thank Lydiadavid101
Reviewed October 3, 2013

dropped by for a quick lunch yesterday, but it was so good I felt I had to come write a quick reveiw. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming especially with my daughter, and the food was the best I can remember eating in any pub. We had bubble & squeek to start which was tramendous and a simple but very tasty pate. For our main course we had rib of beef, very rustic with the massive bone sticking out of it but tasted great and a steak and ale with just perfect pastry. Not forgetting my daughters sausage and mash with what looked like really good quality spiral sausage ring rarther than the cheaps things kids get in most pubs. In summary a fantastic that I will definately be returning to.

Date of visit: October 2013
1  Thank TheBartonArms
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Booked for 15 for a family get together on 15 September, 2013. We had previously visited as a venue for this get together in June along with my sister and brother in law. Had no hesitation booking this venue for this reunion. The food was spot on, all served together, no one had to wait, and its presentation was first class. I would like to thank Debbie for all her help before and on the day. She is a gem, and we would have no hesitation in booking again. Good value for money with great service, 5*.

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Impromptu family meal for 10. Very acceptable if unexceptional food, outstanding service. Cheap and cheerful with staff who go the extra mile.

Date of visit: September 2013