Experience PEI - Happy Clammers- MOVED
Review Highlights
Fun for the whole family plus delicious homemade meal!

Making the booking through experience PEI couldn't have been simpler! Quick email response and... read more

Reviewed September 10, 2015
Tracy C
Coquitlam, Canada
via mobile
One of the best memories of our trip!!

My daughters and I absolutely loved this experience!!! Gilbert and Goldie are wonderful, and so... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2015
Thempress

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Happy Clammers and just loved this experience. Gilbert is a pro and wow does he know his clams. He demonstrated how to dig for them using three different techniques. Then we took the clams back to the house and Goldie steamed them and we ate them with her home made biscuits. Goldie also prepared her home made clam chowder and for desert strawberry shortcake and chocolate cake. She is a wonderful cook and the lunch was so delicious. After dinner we were educated about the different type of clams and the general Point Prim area. What a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend it to everyone and all ages. Thank you Goldie and Gilbert for your hospitality and sharing your knowledge.

1  Thank Cityblue2
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We did the Happy Clammers adventure with our 6 and 8 year old boys and it was really, really fun! Gilbert took us down to the beach and showed us how to find clams using 3 different, very manageable techniques. He was great with the kids and helped them to find lots of clams. We got lots of huge soft shell clams and went back to Gilbert and Goldie's house where Goldie steamed the clams for us, made clam pizza, strawberry shortcake with whipped cream, and berry pie with ice cream... all so yummy. I highly recommend this trip to families, b/c the kids loved it and so did my husband and I. It's so nice to find a family adventure that everyone truly enjoys.

1  Thank familytrips154913
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Gilbert and Goldie have a real eco-tourism goldmine here. For $75, Gilbert took us to his favorite beach in low tide and showed us three different ways of digging for clams, then we went back to his house where Goldie steamed the clams and served them with butter as the main course, followed by her award-winning clam chowder and biscuits, and finally tea/coffee and strawberry shortcake for dessert. We learned about different types of shellfish and the history of fishing in the area. My only regret is that I had only packed flip-flops. I would recommend wearing water shoes. This was a great excursion, only about a half an hour outside of Charlottetown, plus the Point Prim lighthouse is just a few kilometres down the road. Gilbert and Goldie are the friendliest, down-to-earth hosts you'll ever encounter. Highly recommended for authentic experience-seekers of all ages.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I give this my highest rating. Clamming was a blast. Easy, fun, fun, fun. Gilbert took care of the basics, and all you had to do was enjoy the moment. The dinner portion couldn't be beat. Simply outstanding. Best food I had on our two week trip - no kidding. Soup was superb, clams were even better, and desert -- wow. I'd go there just to eat. All in all, an excellent time and great memory.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this experience is fabulous! Very fun clam digging and an amazing meal afterwards. Gilbert and Goldie are very gracious and knowledgeable hosts. We took our 11 week old with us and he was able to enjoy the experience with us.
Thanks Goldie and Gilbert!!

1  Thank Shanito81