“Did the job”

Travelodge London Wimbledon Morden
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Morden
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Needed somewhere near Wimbledon so the location suited us. We were near the main entrance so it was quite noisy and we were disturbed by a toddler running around above us. Room was basic but clean, think the place has had a bit of an update. Bed was comfy, shower hot. Better experience than a previous stay at a Travelodge but expensive at £99 and not up to Premier Inn standards. Free parking a bonus, friendly staff.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Travelodge London Wimbledon Morden

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel was so convenient to meet up with our family and had superb facilities for the price. The transport links to other areas of London were very convenient with a bus stop outside, underground and main line stations nearby.
The area of Morden offered a nice community feel also.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed November 26, 2013

After staying at another Travelodge and having a bad experience there ,I wasn't to keen on the idea to stay at one again. But the room was lovely and clean ( yes I did do a four in a bed) bathroom I was surprised as it had a bath not shower, plenty of wardrobe space and Shelves. Staff where friendly and helpful.
The only down side to my room was there was no lock on the door so I couldn't lock my things in there while I popped out hence having to take iPad/ phones/ other valuables with me, or lock myself in as being a lone traveller it was more for my security. Well I say lone traveller my parents where also staying here but we was at opposite ends of the hotel. I went to speak to reception and explained there was no lock on the door and was told all the rooms where like this and no one could enter without a key, and it's a new thing all travelodges are like this. So off I go back to my unlocked room. I went to my parents room later and they unlocked their door to let me in I double checked it was a lock that you turn from inside and everything! So off I go back to reception and explain again they said the same as before so I asked them to come with me and showed them both rooms, I asked to be moved and was told there was no rooms as fully booked and there was one guest over. And they would leave a note for the manager. My parents also offered to change rooms with me but it wasn't fair on them to have to move out. When it came to sleep I just barracked myself in with the chairs against the door, hence not having the best nights sleep and writing this at 5am in the morning! But the bed is comfortable .

Room Tip: Choose a room with a lock :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge London Wimbledon Morden, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Whilst we are glad to hear you found our rooms to be lovely and clean and our staff to be friendly tallulah5, it is regrettable to learn that you were concerned about your safety and security. We can confirm that all rooms are locked automatically from the outside and can only be entered by the key card provided once it has been programmed, therefore please be assured that no one would have been able to enter your room apart from housekeeping staff and the hotel manager. We’d like to apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

quiet hotel with plenty of free parking. comfortable rooms, good bed with good pillows unlike the thin items provided by some travelodge hotels. well lit which is great if you have to work, nice staff. only negative is there is nothing locally except the harvester.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Went for weekend to visit stepson, we stayed here as it was near to where he lived. First thing I noticed when we were going to our room was how clean & fresh the corridor smelled, room was the same. Bed & pillows very comfortable, when we came home I went out & bought same make of pillows as my husband didn't snore while we staying there! There wasn't anything fancy about this hotel but for a clean, comfy base it was great.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 21, 2013

As with all Travelodges this is good value. If you book early you can get great prices, We paid under £40 for a room for three. There is a good Harvester pub on site, and ample parking. Easy to find and good transport links.

Rooms have been updated and all your need for a good stay. Clean bathroom and bed. Tea and coffee there, tele.

It is not the Ritz but yu can't get them for this price. The welcome was warm and friendly

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I booked this Travelodge at the last minute. I wanted somewhere near Waterloo and e remaining 5 rooms at Battersea disappeared within 2 hours so the nearest was Wimbledon Morden. I booked a family room as I was travelling with my elderly parents. Not knowing the area it was quite difficult to find but when we got there it was clean and comfortable. The double bed was comfortable but the other was a folding bed to accommodate the third person and the mattress very firm and not that comfortable. There is a Harvester next door providing a range of food from toast to a cooked breakfast or bacon bap. Good value - although 10 miles or so from Waterloo it did only cost £101 instead of £189 in Waterloo and there was free car parking - great!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morden
Premier Inn London Wimbledon South Hotel
#442 of 1,072 in London
Travelodge Chessington Tolworth
Travelodge Chessington Tolworth
#8 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to Travelodge London Wimbledon Morden? Share your experiences!