“Simply the best”

The Three Horseshoes Inn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Specialising in locally sourced ingredients. Winner of the Local Food Award of the Year for the last 3 years in Herefordshire.The Three Horseshoes Inn has been Awarded a GOLD in The Flavours of Herefordshire Simply Herefordshire Class 2012/2013.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

What a fantastic find, the Three Horseshoes is one of the best pubs in the whole of England. We have been there twice this year and have been impressed both times, with delicious local food and the kindest, friendliest service you could hope for.

If you're in the area, make a detour to the 'Shoes, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am writing my review, as my stuffed marrow,which the wonderful Janet (the loveliest pub lady you will ever meet) very kindly gave us on our departure this past weekend, is baking in my oven.

This is my partner and my second visit to the three horses inn near Hereford. This time we were there for our friends wedding which the pub hosted the wedding breakfast and evening reception.

Being from the hospitality industry myself, and having worked in some fine establishments around the world, if the three horses inn could be rated alongside the worlds best hotels for service and quality then I would certainly place them at the very top. On this visit, the weather was a bit hit and miss, but on the day of the wedding, we had sunshine, which really brought their beautiful garden to life, and we were all able to make use of it during the evening, lit with candles and fairy lights it was simply perfect.

Despite the setting being beautiful, what makes the magic of the three horses inn so wonderful, is the team, the food, and the genuine warmth. I wanted to take everyone back home with me. you can't help but fall in love with everyone there. Let's start with the food. Simply scrumptious. Everything is entirely locally sourced, with fresh fruits (their specialty this time of year, is the Damson and apples ) which comes from their gardens or from local suppliers. Whilst the menu was made specifically for the wedding, based on the couples requirements, it was made with ingredients from the local area. We had the most tender lamb ever and complimented with a ratatouille also made with locally grown vegetables. Their chutneys and various accompaniments were also made by the chef. As an avid foodie myself, you can really feel the sincerity and true passion for honest food through the chef's creation.

The service was flawless, everything perfectly executed always with a smile, and with Janet's dose of witty humour.

If I could give Janet and Norman one advice, it would be to set up a Facebook account, so that people like me can "like" them, and help spread the word. The Hereford countryside is one to see, it's breathtaking, and whilst it was a bit of a drive from London ( about three hours), the food and welcome from the three horses inn is well worth the visit. The drive through it's rolling hills, and between picturesque cottages, makes the journey even more enjoyable. Even in the rain ( which was the case when we left)

If you do read this, and are thinking of going, just GO. And take my advice and ask Janet for her "to-die-for" marmalade. Just like grandma used to make. Ive brought back two pots and it's bringing me back fond memories at breakfast.

We both can't wait to return, this is one very special place that's worth experiencing 100%

2  Thank MayfairHotelier
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Met there at the start of our cricket tour for a meal. All food locally sourced and cooked fresh. Excellent beer from the nearby Wye Valley brewery. Very friendly staff.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Loved the food, the rump steak was huge! Locals were very quiet and posh, starring at us quite a lot! Staff were lovely and service was excellent! Lovely venue and very friendly cat outside! ☺

1  Thank AmieCoo
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Came here on an evening because it is rated as no 1 in Bromyard and we were very disappointed; first impressions were good but the restaurant seemed to be in an 80's time warp. Ordered four drinks and we had to return two of the lagers as they were "off"; the response from the barman was unhelpful and he questioned our view. They were eventually replaced. Our food was poor with the crab salad gritty & the steak fatty; the vegetables were cold and lacking in numbers. Overall we were very disappointed and would not be recommending this restaurant to our friends.

5  Thank Mann28