Two Acres
$78
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsensuite rooman excellent hosthuge showerfull english breakfastshared bathroombed and breakfastthe room was nicerelaxing staystayed two nightstea and coffeelake districtnext morningstuartbungalowaccommodationlakeswalks
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for two nights from the moment we arrived the owner stuart made us feel really welcome we stayed in the kingsize en suite room the room was big and the bed was nice and the en suite was really nice everything was really clean and looked like it had been recently renovated. he made our breakfast in the morning for the time we wanted and give us the choice of what we wanted, when we stayed here we went to grizedale forest which wasn't too far to drive and also windermere wasn't to far either kendal is only a few minute drive down the road, stuart booked us into the local pub for a meal which was excellent, if we ever want to stay at the lakes again we will definitely stay here again! many thanks to stuart who definitely made our stay better. Simon & Kelly :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed here for a night during our road trip through England last year, the place had just opened and everything was clean and Stuart is a wonderful host, who will make you feel comfurtable at his place. He also gave me an excellent tour to the back yard to see his original camel trophy LR, being a great fan I really appreciated that! Thanks and we'll be back next time!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at Two Acres on October 26 and 27 and couldn't be happier. Stuart, the owner, went out of his way to make sure my visit to Kendal for some family research was as easy as possible. As a life long resident of Kendal, he knew and was able to put me in touch with several people that helped with my search for family from 150 years ago. There is a pub with good food within walking distance of Two Acres and I appreciated how convenient it was. He also recommended a restaurant in town, Romney's, which had an excellent buffet on Saturday. I travel quite a bit for my work as a general contractor in the United States and typically stay in hotels. If every B&B was as comfortable as this one, and provided such a good breakfast, I would be more inclined to enjoy their accomodations.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jaiy B
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had a great stay in a spacious room. It was well presented, clean and tidy.
The owner went out of his way to ensure I had a great stay and cooked one of the best breakfasts I have had in awhile.
It was a relaxing stay and I enjoyed watching the sheep go about their day in the next paddock.
The bed was comfy and I would stay here again.
Great service, great hospitality, a credit to you Stuart.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We booked last minute for the two of us and our 4 year old, and were pleasantly surprised at the high standard of accommodation, the warm welcome and the great location. Our room was spacious, clean and tidy with an excellent en suite and views out of the window to the grazing sheep in the field next door. Stuart's local knowledge was priceless, suggesting a short child-friendly walk down to the river before dinner to see the salmon running, recommending a fab local pub for tea, even booking us a table and giving us a ride so we could have a drink and walk the 10 minutes back home...this B&B really is a home from home with everything you could need and a great host who made us feel very welcome, a really comfortable stay, just wish we could have stayed longer! The big hearty full English breakfast was an added bonus that really set us up for the day exploring the Lakes. We'll be back again I'm sure. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family