All reviews free shuttle trincity mall shuttle service yogurt an overnight stay until midnight breakfast room stayed one night breakfast was included trinidad wayne caribbean refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2019

We spent a night in this very functional hotel en route from Tobago to the USA. The small pool was very welcome and the shuttle bus efficient. The room was very comfortable. The shuttle bus took us to the Trincity Mall for supper and picked us up again. Sadly, the choice of restaurants at the mall was not very great. We left too early for breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Warren S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Hello KitSuffolk_UK,

Thank you for your recent stay. We are happy that you were able to get a room with us for your short stay and were able to take advantage of our shuttle service and other amenities. Unfortunately as an Express we are limited with our food offering, and your dissatisfaction with the offerings of the Mall. We are working on having better food options in-house and hopefully this will not be an issue for much longer.

Thank you again and should you come to Trinidad again please contact me directly at warren.sinanan@hcltt.com for me to work out the best possible rate for you.

Reviewed March 19, 2019

There are some very confusing reviews about thus hotel on Facebook, hopefully this one will set the record straight.
Located in the wilderness of the, yet to be developed, plots of the Trincity business park near the airport the hotel is VERY isolated in that you cannot get anywhere without transport. HOWEVER, the hotel runs a small, complimentary shuttle van from very early in the morning until midnight.
The shuttle bus leaves the hotel on the hour and drops off/picks up at the international airport at 10 past the hour for the return journey. Despite what some reviews have said, the shuttle is easy to find when it arrives being just outside the international flight arrival area through the doors opposite the Subway outlet. There’s even a big yellow sign saying, ‘shuttle pick up/drop off’.
In-between airport runs the shuttle will take you anywhere locally and pick you up again when you are ready, on demand. In particular, it will take you to the nearby Trincity shopping mall about half a mile away (allegedly the biggest in the English-speaking Caribbean!). Here there is a food court with about multiple outlets including Chinese and Asian menus (note the food court closes at 20:00) plus several restaurants that are open until midnight. Details of restaurants are given in the hotel guide in each room.
Like all Holiday Inn Express hotels worldwide, they only serve breakfast and although you can make yourself a tea or coffee in your bedroom or the breakfast room there isn’t any milk available as this remains firmly locked in a fridge until breakfast, (how pathetic is that!?)
Staff are friendly and helpful. There is a small gym plus a decent sized outdoor pool.
Given the isolation of the hotel I wouldn’t want to be based there for more than an overnight stay but as an easy staging place for the airport it’s fine.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Warren S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

Hello Travlintone,

Thank you for your recent stay and for the review. We always appreciate acknowledgement of the good things we try to do, as well as critiques of what you our guest think we can do better.

We are agree that there are a broad spectrum of reviews, so we are happy to have your balanced and fair comments as they related to your stay. As it relates to the milk, should we leave it out after breakfast, by the evening it is no good for consumption, and that would be a huge health risk to all. Should we leave the fridge open, all of our other items tend to disappear, which is a cost factor. For now, we have put the creamers until we come up with a more feasible solution for those like you prefer real milk.

Again we thank you for your stay and do hope you consider us should you decide to return to Trinidad.

Reviewed March 5, 2019 via mobile

This is a great place to overnight. Stacy who helped in the breakfast hall was very attentive and engaging as she ensured that we were served. There are no restaurant for meals on the property so to compensate the hotel provides reliable shuttle service to and from the nearby mall. For anyone who needs to be near to the airport this is the best place to stay. The rooms are clean and fresh.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Warren S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Hello Paulstp,

Thank you for your stay and your kind words. We strive to make every guest stay enjoyable and we are pleased that you had a positive experience.

Acknowledging our staff is important to us, so thank you for letting us know about Stacy.

We hope you consider us when staying in Trinidad again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

The staff at the Holiday Inn Express went above and beyond for us. The hotel is very clean,comfortable and convenient. However the staff went above and beyond to help me and my family during a difficult time. They assisted me in numerous ways always with a smile on their face and asking g if there was anything else they could do.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Warren S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2019

Hello Blancha1,

Thank you for staying with us, despite your difficult circumstances. It was our pleasure to have you all the same and we are happy that we made the stay a little bit easier for you. We appreciate you taking the time to write the review and will certainly share your sentiments with the staff.

We hope to see you again under better circumstances.

Reviewed January 25, 2019

We stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express Suites since we were flying back home from a work visit to Peru. Don’t expect too much of this hotel. The room decoration gives an old vibe, mostly brownish. And the thing that disappointed me the most was that I got a room that is designed for someone with a disability. The sink was very low. I’m not a tall person but I still had to lower myself to wash my mouth or face. The bathroom had a few stands in it. Like I said before for someone with a disability to hold while taking a bath. I thought that my employer paid for such a room and firstly I was kinda pissed and disappointed at them until I confronted them with this and they told me that this was not the case. They paid for a normal/ standard room and that I should have demanded for another room. Lesson learned. Breakfast in the morning was below average, but I have to admit that I did not expect too much. I was very glad that it only was for one night and got to leave the next day. I was very pleased that the hotel offered a shuttle to the airport which is less than 5 minutes from the hotel so we did not have to pay a cab for such a short route.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Warren S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2019

Hello Ivan C,

Thank you first of all for staying with us - we are sorry you had a disappointing experience with the room and the overall stay. We use criticisms such as these to improve on on service delivery and the products we offer (such as the breakfast). This is something we constantly monitor and although we know we will never please everyone, we always aim to have at least something for all who stay with us.

Should you have a layover again, please feel free to contact me directly and I personally will ensure that your room and other concerns have been addressed. I can be contacted directly at warren.sinanan@hcltt.com