“Better than expected”

Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trincity
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was here on personal business for two nights. Shuttle came right on time, so that was a big plus. Check in was quick, front desk very nice. The room was upgraded to a suite (Platinum member) and it was very pleasant. Breakfast was really good, with excellent service from the kitchen. Overall, a very nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FloridaTraveler0
Cherry Anne J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear FloridaTraveler0,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Trincity during your stay here in Trinidad.

We appreciate your kind comments and thank you for taking the time out to offer a review.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the stay at this hotel.Great customer service. The room was quite nice and spacious equipped with all the amenities needed. I would definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank chanel4713

Dear Chanel4713,

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Trincity.

We are happy to hear your stay was an enjoyable one and appreciate you taking a moment to offer a review.

See you again soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

A very convenient late night arrival stopover hotel for Piarco. We arrived about 01.00 hrs and met by a delightfully smiley receptionist who went through the usual check-in formalities quickly and efficiently. The room was spotless and the a/c worked well without a hideous din. There was no road or aircraft noise either. The bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was included in the very reasonable room rate but was disorganised and the buffet didn't appear to be regularly replenished. Corridors were clean and uncluttered and the whole place appeared to be in good clean and tidy order. Will definitely use this hotel again for late night arrivals/ early morning departures. Remember that the shuttle does not operate 24hrs, well it didn't for us anyway as I think it packed up at midnight so confirm to be sure. Would have rated this 5* had the breakfast buffet and service been better.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julian B

Dear Julian B,

We appreciate your compliments on our property and I will be sure to inform our night shift on the good review of check in.

I sincerely apologise for the issue with breakfast and assure I have not only taken note, but will see to it that there is no recurrence.

Along with breakfast our shuttle is complimentary to and from the airport (on schedule) from 4:00 am - 12 midnight.

Once again we thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Trincity Trinidad and I have to say the staff was friendly and I experienced the best customer service.The room was clean and very well maintained. I would advise that this hotel gets a top star from me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank George M
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is near the Trinidad Airport (but not that close) so it is a good place to stay if you have an early morning flight out of the airport.

POSITIVES: nice, clean rooms; shuttle service to airport (on a timetable); good service.

NEGATIVES: no food onsite except a vending machine (eat at the airport before you come to the hotel since you are not near anything --- I was prepared and bought a Subway sandwich at the airport)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank bbb57aolcom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear bbb57aolcom,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the rooms. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived at the POS airport on a late flight from Houston, TX to find the complimentary airport shuttle waiting which was so nice at 11PM. It was explained to me that the shuttle picks up from the airport every hour on the hour so our flight arrived at a good time for pickup and we did not have to wait.

Checked into our room for one night. Bed was comfortable and A/C was cold.

Breakfast was included with our rate so we were pleasantly surprised to find eggs, bacon and sausage offered as well. Caught the free shuttle back to the airport for our flight to Tobago around noon. We enjoyed our short stay and loved the proximity to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarleeGalveston

Dear Ms Galveston,

Thank you for the kind review.

We are truly happy to hear you utilized our complimentary services and that your experience with us was an enjoyable one.

Hope to see you again really soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I booked this hotel to be close to the airport for an early flight, so that I could get a good night's sleep. The fact that there is no food or drink other than poorly stocked vending on-site means that the nearest options are a 10 minute drive away by hourly shuttle - not convenient.

Nothing to do=go to bed early. However, I was soon woken by the aircon coming on and blowing loudly in the middle of the night. I am an electrician and computer engineer and it took me a while to work out how to shut it off. By then, the traffic screaming down the nearby highway was obviously audible, and as I tried to doze off again, late arriving or early departing guests banging doors and moving furniture kept me alert. SInce the rooms are largely carpeted, I commend my upstairs neighbour for finding a way of scraping furniture noisily accross the floor several times. FInally, if I was able to grab a last few minutes' sleep, gospel radio started playing from next door, just to cheer me up.

My worse night's sleep in Trinidad. Next time I stay at the other end of the island and get up early to travel to the airport.

Having said that, the rooms are nice, well furnished and clean, beds are comfortable and bathrooms function well. Staff are friendly, it IS close to the airport and the shuttle is free.

Room Tip: As far from the jhighway as possible and turn off the aircon before you go to sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear MMTMRome

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We appreciate your compliments regarding our rooms and staff.

I am truly sorry to hear that your stay was negatively affected by the noise from the air conditioning system and from the highway. I sincerely apologize for this situation has kept you awake for the night you have been with us. For this reason, I assure you that your feedback will be reviewed and will make sure that we address these points.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trincity
Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Kapok Hotel
Kapok Hotel
#6 of 21 in Port of Spain
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport? Share your experiences!