“Will stay again”

Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trincity
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Staff extremely helpful getting us to & from the airport. Also staff was very attentative to our needs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have absolutely no complaints. Now I do stay here for business, not vacation. This is not a vacation resort, it is perfect for business, have an early or very late flight, or if you are heading south or east in T&T (Port of Spain to the west is a 30-min drive). The hotel is close to the airport, excellent shuttle service, but is kinda isolated which can be intimidating to some people but the free shuttle take you to and from the airport, local mall and country club (runs 4am to 12 midnight). All of the staff I have encountered provided excellent service were very personable and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and was surprised by many of the members of the staff. Except for the person who booked my room(an Indian youngman) who went beyond his call of duty to drop me off at the Mall to meet a business associate.

I wast returning to my room, when I heard two people talking,(House cleaning staff) and on seeing me, one of the uttered"I don't give a [--]". I did not make eye contact and entered my room.
On my way to the Airport along with another guest of the Hotel, around four females and one male stormed the Airport shttle (Reason unknown). One of them female said " I am going to the Airport with "Aishwarya"; I happen to be of Indian origin but (Trinidadian by birth, currently a US Citizen). I wanted to say something to this individual but pretended that I was oblivious to what was going on. I was happy that the other guest was also American or who knows what these people would have done since I am female and elderly. I am truly ashamed of the behavior of these women, who were all black and behaved like common criminals.
I urge someone in Authority to do random checks with strict annonimity to see the the behavior of these unscrupulous, racist so called employees.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 309amel309
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Dear 309amel309,

Thank you for your comments. Your post is not clear on what had happened to make you feel this was about our staff. I am trying to understand. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about this. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Case Manager

Reviewed April 27, 2012

The hotel is OK, rooms are clean and the one we had had a great view of the surrounding mountains. The pool area is not very pleasant, I would not spend a lot of time there. The service is impeccable! There is also a free shuttlebus to the nearest restaurant and the huge mall nearby. The hotel is nowhere near Port of spain. I would not recommend this place unless you need a nice hotel near the airport.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the mountains.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bimbonemi
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Front desk staff needs PR help..Debroah was the only nice one there. Breakfast was nice. I however was concerned about security..The guard booth did not asked for any ID..we just drove right in. Also staff would hang around and look at Television among guests. I have seen anything like that. I hope this hotel stays around because it is a nice hotel Staff needs proper training. Breakfast staff were very nice..Winnie from housekeeping was excellent,she went above and beyond to have my clock working,brought an iron to my room in a flash. So I want to tell the supervisor that Debroah from front desk and Winnie have that passion for customer service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank parent34646
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We arrived around 9pm at the airport and hotel reception & reservations numbers didn't answer my cell phone calls. I then asked the tourist info desk who was happy to call the hotel to send the shuttle. We had to wait around 40 minutes (and 3 calls) before the holiday inn van finally showed up. The hotel is about 5km/3miles away or a 5-10min drive.... The bus driver was unfriendly and didn't even volunteer to lift the suitcases in the van. The sticker inside the van " we accept tips" made me laugh. With that service they can forget that! Room and bed were fine though the shower was made for midgets. Anyway, we flew on next day so glad we didn't had to stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PHAVR
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear PHAVR,

Thank you for staying with us. I am deeply sorry you had to wait for so long to get the shuttle. I also apologize for the services you received by the driver. This is unacceptable and not the usual conduct of our staff. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Well after paying in advance and being assured a room upon arrival, my husband and i were meet with a very very very UNPROFESSIONAL, UNTRAINED Front Desk Recptionist by the name of Carlene or Karlene, 1st we arrived at 1:30 pm ( check in is at 2pm) went up to the front dest, then to have her inform us in the most unfriendly manner that "CHECK IN IS FRoM 2pm" i informed her "Yes! we knew this but its only half hour away" she responded in an tone fitting of a barking dog "Well you should go and come back when its 2pm". I asked her if she can take the information from me no (as i produced my ID Card and Advance Payment Information) and we would wait in the lobby till the room is ready, well i had to wait another 10 minutes before this receptionist decided to raise her head from the computer, rolled her eyes at me (as if am disturbing her) her resonse,"NO! U SHOULD GO AND COME BACK".
Now imagine that, a hotel with no easy access to transport but "I should go and come back at 2"............
I was amazed at this young lady, Well after taking a walk around the hotel, then to sit at the poolside in the sun, we came back at 2:10pm, to observed about 5 persons waiting to check in. Ms. Carlene took 1 look at me turned her back and LEFT yes!! LEFT!, a young man to check in all the persons who were at the counter, when were our turn he told us we had to wait because we only "JUST ARRIVED" and he was checking in all the other person 1st because THEY WERE THERE SINCE 1:30pm but were told to "go and come back"....
MY GOOD LORD!!!! So with his fake american accent he banished us to wait, when i then informed him that my husband and i were there since 1:30pm and it was now 2:15pm also telling him my entire senario with Receptionist Carlene (all this time this young lady returned, was on at the front desk just ignoring everyone and not even making an effort to assist), well his response was "Well he was not here for that and he is here now, so we would just have to wait".
Imagine waiting till, the front Desk Clerk (Shane) from the day before coming on shift, to observe my husband and i waiting to be checked in.... Thank You Shane for you observation and your high degree of professionlism. You saved this Hotel.
To the General Manager of Holiday Day Inn Express Hotel, you need to have a serious talk with you Front Desk Receptionist about PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE & dealing with clients.
All in all except for terrible check-in experience and poor customer relation skills a nice relaxing place to stay for a day/night.

Room Tip: ask for 1 overlooking the pool side eg. 21, 213
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ChinNoel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear ChinNoel,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what feel below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced with the front desk clerk. Your comments will be passed to management. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trincity
Hyatt Regency Trinidad
Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain
Kapok Hotel
Kapok Hotel
#6 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport? Share your experiences!