“Awful food and poor customer service”

Bootleggers Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Trincity
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Went for lunch with friends and was faced with a waitress with a poor attitude. After placing our order, we had to wait over half an hour for cold food which was burnt and tasted smokey. The waitress neglected to put in our order for an appetizer and brought an incorrect order. After this was pointed out, it was corrected but the plate was not changed and as a result, the plate had bits of the first order on it and the edges were smudged with the sauce of the previous dish where they had simply slid it off and not bothered to clean it. We had to wait 15 mins for the waitress to return to the table after requesting the bill. When my friend quietly expressed her disappointment with the state of the food (not even the poor service) the waitress rudely turned away and started clearing dishes from the table next to us. We were very disappointed overall and will not be returning, nor would we recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Anyanka19

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I've dined at bootleggers on many occasions but just twice since their relocation. I love the decor & the ambiance is great. Ideal for an after work lime or a good meal with friends.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I went to Bootleggers on a double date. The hostess was not at the door to greet us but she came shortly after our arrival. She seated us quickly. The restaurant was busy. It was a Friday night, so I could understand and forgive her absence. The restaurant itself was lovely, BUT the area where we were seated was very hot. We were actually right under an air conditioning vent, but there was very little or maybe even no air coming through. The ceiling fans nearby were our saving grace.
I had no complaints about the service, except that at one point the waiter forgot our drinks order, but he did apologise for it. (As I said, it was very busy. We could tell he was a bit flustered) The food was excellent. And there was a lot of it. Well worth the price. 2 of us ended up taking home food that night.
Overall I'd say it was a good experience. Not necessarily one that would make it my "favourite place". I'd probably go back if friends are going, but I wouldn't necessarily make it my first choice.

1  Thank Clare H
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The service is terrible. You may have to wait an hour for your meal and about two hours to pay because they act like they don't want your money.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went to have dinner with my boyfriend. We were greeted by the door with a smile. The waitress was pleasant. The drinks and the food was excellent. The atmosphere was very cozy and comfortable. I would recommend this place to all my friends and family. I look forward to going back soon.

1  Thank kitti30